Hi,
I have a power vampire inside my N800!

This already happened several times: I close all apps and leave my N800 inside its case (turned on), fully charged. In 5 or 6 hours, it begins to beep because the battery is empty! I also realize that the N800 is a bit warm in the back. Today it happened again, and I realized that the memory usage had one extra line. But I found nothing with 'top' that could be responsible of this... but perhaps I missed something.

This does not happen always, perhaps 10% of the times I use it.

Have you experienced this? Any idea what is happening?

Thanks!
L.

metalayer-crawler ? Look for this on forum and you will see several solutions.

Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
metalayer-crawler ? Look for this on forum and you will see several solutions.
Nope, I've already deactivated the metalayer-crawler with

mv /usr/bin/metalayer-crawler /usr/bin/metalayer-crawler.deactivated
update-rc.d metalayer-crawler remove

Thanks,
L.

Do you have any home screen apps running? If so, try disabling them.

Originally Posted by wklink View Post
Do you have any home screen apps running? If so, try disabling them.
Sorry, but what is a "home screen"? I suppose I don't have them...

May the OMWeather applet drain the battery?

Thanks,
L.

Originally Posted by luis View Post
Sorry, but what is a "home screen"? I suppose I don't have them...

May the OMWeather applet drain the battery?

Thanks,
L.
Home screen is where things like OMWeather live. Try disabling all of them (including weather) to see if that's the problem. With no windows open, select the 'home' menu, 'select applets,' and disable everything. If that solves the problem, try turning them on one at a time to find the trouble maker.

For OMWeather, check at least that you're not trying to update too frequently.

Originally Posted by wklink View Post
Home screen is where things like OMWeather live. Try disabling all of them (including weather) to see if that's the problem. With no windows open, select the 'home' menu, 'select applets,' and disable everything. If that solves the problem, try turning them on one at a time to find the trouble maker.

For OMWeather, check at least that you're not trying to update too frequently.
The only applets I have are the clock and the OMWeather. And I had OMWeather to update every 2 hours. Strange thing was that it was an intermittent problem. Actually, I disabled it completely. I don't need it since I am most of the time near a computer.

Thanks,
L.

Do you have modest (e-mail) set up? In the space of te 5 hours did you receive any mail? If not then that it what is causing your drain. I have discovered that occasionally when modest goes nuts it will add one bar to your memory monitor.

In my case I am considering using claws mail instead, but I had to do a reflash on friday so I'm seeing if this that addresses the issue.

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Do you have modest (e-mail) set up? In the space of te 5 hours did you receive any mail? If not then that it what is causing your drain. I have discovered that occasionally when modest goes nuts it will add one bar to your memory monitor.

In my case I am considering using claws mail instead, but I had to do a reflash on friday so I'm seeing if this that addresses the issue.
No, I use mutt as email client, with no new email warning software (although I do have everything setup, I have it disabled; I enable it only when travelling).

Thanks,
L.

My power problem persists. Without reason, my N800 sometimes (once every 10 days or so) looses its power and die in a few hours, like if the screen keeps on or something like that.

I suspect that some program keeps running, but 'top' says nothing special. I use no mail application, nor any music player or database. I have disabled all the home applets, and the problem persists...

No one experiencing something like this?

Thanks,
L.

The Following User Says Thank You to luis For This Useful Post: