Active Topics

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
I have a rollup keyboard designed for a palm pda. But it says on the back if I want to use it with a different pda, to buy a different connector. I want to use it with my n800 so I changed the cable to a mini usb connector on one end but when I plug it in to my n800, it won't detect it. On usb control, if I click host, before I plug it in, it says "a_wait_vrise" but when I plug it in it says "a_wait_bcon". Is there something I can change to get it to work or will it just not work because it's for a palm?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It may work with your NIT, but without a model number, it's hard to know. If you post which model of keyboard you have, I'm sure one of our forum members can look into it for you. As for the USB control app, that may not be what you need; if it is an HID-compliant USB keyboard (as are desktop keyboards), then that should be all that is needed, as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong - I haven't tried it), however, given that it is intended for Palm handhelds, it may well work completely differently. In that case, you would probably need a driver for your keyboard model - so again, we'd need to know what that is.
Let us know...

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
The keyboard does require USB Host mode. USB PC keyboards will work with the N8x0.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1