Active Topics

I want to free up a little more memory on my N810, so I was wondering if it would be smart to delete some of the maps. I wolud not really ever use the gps, so I don't need it for that.

I was also wonderin if I should delete the map for Canada, because I don't travel much.

And yes, I do know about memory cards, but I am not going to be able to go and get one for a while, so I need some more memory on the "internal card" for now. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know!

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Start the Maps application and delete it from there.
I think you can reinstall them (at least that's what I do here, depending on where I travel).

Also, if I were to install Maemo wayfinder, would I need the maps, of would the app come with them?

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by 2733T View Post
Also, if I were to install Maemo wayfinder, would I need the maps, of would the app come with them?
No. Maps have to be separately downloaded. It needs maps to operate.

But if you are worry then put in a spare mini SDHC to the external slot and copy everything in the internal SD out to it. Wayfinder can find maps in the external slot too.

still, would it be a smart idea to delete part of the map that I don't need,or just wait until I can get a memory card?

don't worry, you can delete all the maps and get them back when you need them.

The Following User Says Thank You to wesgreen For This Useful Post:

Tags
memory, n810