Active Topics

On N800, when you have connected an IAP and connection manager will prompt you to save the IAP. After saved it, a folder and a configuration file were created under this path: /var/lib/system/osso/connectivity/IAP. The complete path is: /var/lib/system/osso/connectivity/IAP/433e953a-2394-4577-8bf2-cfd0909406bf/%gconf.xml
The %gconf.xml is the configuration file.

I don't want to create a DUMMY IAP that seems to be created using the command "gconftool-2 -s -t string /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/DEFAULT/type DUMMY".

I want to create a custom IAP with its name, type and essid using a command such as "gconftool-2".

Who knows how to do it?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I suggest you first dump an existing IAP to an xml file (read gconftool-2 --help-load), modify it then load it.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I suggest you first dump an existing IAP to an xml file (read gconftool-2 --help-load), modify it then load it.
But I don't have any IAP at all. I want to take measures to create the first IAP.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
You can't create IAPs? I don't know what you're trying to do, but I'm just saying you create an example one just to get the xml dump file and have a look at all the fields, etc. Then you can modify and redistribute the created XML to any tablet you want.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nottingham
it is not straightforward, these are the minimum settings you need:
sRoot="/system/osso/connectivity/IAP/${sKey}"
gconftool-2 --set --type string ${sRoot}/ipv4_type AUTO
gconftool-2 --set --type list --list-type int ${sRoot}/wlan_ssid "$sSSID"
gconftool-2 --set --type string ${sRoot}/type WLAN_INFRA
gconftool-2 --set --type string ${sRoot}/wlan_security NONE
gconftool-2 --set --type string ${sRoot}/proxytype NONE
gconftool-2 --set --type boolean ${sRoot}/wlan_hidden false
gconftool-2 --set --type boolean ${sRoot}/temporary true

the root name has to be unique, wlan_ssid is an integer list of characters for the SSID name, and finally if temporary is true, you are prompted whether to save the connection when the tablet tries to connect and the entry will be deleted when you disconnect.

whole script at http://pastebin.com/f486151e3 includes code to calculate the integer string value.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ptaffs For This Useful Post: