Active Topics

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
I am technology junky, but more than that I like new cool things, even if they aren't that new. I will often have something for a while and then just get bored with it, I then come up with a reason to sell it and get something new. That is probably why I have had 30 different cars in the last five years. Most of them aren't new I just get a good deal, fix it up a bit, sell it for a profit and then get another one. Over and over and over. Inexplicably however I have had the same n800 for longer than I have had any one car (actually longer than I have had any three cars combined).

Here is what happens: I use my n800 religiously for a while, usage begins to taper off, I get bored, think about selling it for something else, get discouraged by the lack of cool replacements or at the high prices of everything out there, and then after much agonizing I just change the theme on my n800 and buy a random accessory for it. So far I have two cases, two bluetooth keyboards (I sold one recently), a spare battery, a BT GPS receiver, too many SD cards, a homemade bicycle mount, and now I am trying to figure out how to make a custom carrying case for it.Right now I am using the Meta theme (I like blue) and seem to be pretty content again.

Anyone else out there go through a similar process? Or am I just nuts? I suppose it could be both . . .

Last edited by verumgero; 2009-08-26 at 03:20. Reason: typo

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sounds a lot like me. I have two N800s and boxes of accessories that I have bought just to experiment...

But the BT GPS receiver, paired with Maemo Mapper, is really useful.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
It is indeed. I have doing some geocaching with it lately.