I can't figure out how to disable the application update thing running when I connect to the internet. Also, I want to control anything else that causes (significant) network traffic in the background upon connecting to a network. Any ideas?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by stacia View Post
I can't figure out how to disable the application update thing running when I connect to the internet. Also, I want to control anything else that causes (significant) network traffic in the background upon connecting to a network. Any ideas?
I would disable auto refresh in both the rss feed reader and the om weather desktop widget. And also check your email accounts. I had a broken email account which used to freeze my tablet for 5 minutes after network connection.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi, you can increase also the time it checks for updates but you'll need the GConf Editor application to edit that.

The setting you'll need to edit in GConf you'll find it under: apps / hildon / update-notifier / check_interval

In any case, having only the necessary repositories speeds it up too.

Last edited by Saturn; 2009-08-29 at 12:17. Reason: more info

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I would disable auto refresh in both the rss feed reader and the om weather desktop widget. And also check your email accounts. I had a broken email account which used to freeze my tablet for 5 minutes after network connection.
oh! the broken email account problem! that's what i suspect of..so whould u plzzz tell me how do i know it's broken account ?define it? thanx :-)