Notices

hello,
I've been unsuccessful in attempting to reinstall canola2 after a fresh diablo install. please see the scree shot below. I haven't had any success in locating the dependent packages. any help would be swell

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
thanks for the reference. i tried the link u gave me for the lightmediascanner but application manager gave an error. unable to install, application package not found. any other thoughts?

i have done that. once app mgr tries to install it, i get that error

even more frustrating. heres the error i get when trying from root

subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
media.install

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I got the same error as mrdally204 while installing Canola. Jay, thanks for the help though, as the .deb file really helped.
@mrdally204: Just clicking the install symbol and saving it won't do anything. If you click on the arrow before the name of the package, it will give you a link to the real package at the bottom of the page instead of the .install file.

Last edited by fillip; 2009-09-06 at 06:18.

I think the team has dropped the project. They have no update for a while. They don't even fix the Last.FM plugin error. Too bad, I like Canola.

thanks for the tip! i still can not locate a working lightmediascanner the link to it is dead. fillip where did u find it?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Eh, I guess I picked the wrong time to reflash. The error I had when I tried to install was that it failed to refresh the repository included on their site.
"http://repository.maemo.org/dists/diablo/free/binary-armel/Packages.gz
404 Not Found(IP: 72.215.225.137 80)"
Well, I guess it's time to switch over to mediabox.

Edit: @mrdally204 I actually only managed to find libpng on packrat. I found a tarball file on the garage page but I forget which program I need to unzip it on the tablet so I'm going to run it through my desktop box and then I'll try and post a link. If you want to try it yourself, here's the link: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...0.3.0.0.tar.gz
Edit2: Not a .deb file, whoops... Well, I'm out of ideas... If anyone wants to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by fillip; 2009-09-06 at 06:34.

sounds like its time for a reflash for me again. can u guys recommend a site that has most/ all available repositors that i can install to app manager. i found it many moons ago but cant recall where