If this thread is better served as a wiki topic or merged with other threads then ok. I just thought it would be nice to have a central place for pricing of the n900. This is for the United States (though if anyone wants to gather prices for other countries then I'll add them here).

Note: There is a $50 rebate that is eligible for purchases in the USA between Nov 16th and before Dec 31st. You will have to send in proof of purchase (invoice), UPC barcode, register an account on Ovi on that device, and the filled in form)

United States: Prices do not include shipping or tax (if applicable)

Amazon - $529 (FREE with Super Saver Shipping.)

Buy.com - $559.99 (in addition there is a $10 coupon if the product is $200 or above)

Nokia USA - $649.00, (and additional warranty?)

Newegg - $559.99 (free shipping)

Celluloco - $498.88 - However if you are considering Celluloco. Please read these (follow links) before placing an order from Celluloco.1,2,3

Mobile City Online - $579.99 (free 3 day shipping). Will ship to Canada (unsure about taxes, rates, and customs though..)

PC Connection - $649 (+ tax?). Don't know shipping cost and I have never heard of this company.

U.K.

Expansys: £499.99 (434.77 exc.). Standard delivery cost for this item is £6.61 (5.75 exc.)

Please feel free to let me know more pricing and store information so I can add it to this list so we can have one central place for this information for any newcomers, or even people who are just wondering where to buy it. f.

The other question is how quickly will the n900's price drop and how far. Considering the amount of Android and Windows Mobile devices coming out next year that range from low-end, to rivaling the n900, to exceeding the n900's specs on the different American carriers. Then considering if Apple decides to do another update of their iPhone, and with the Palm phones. As well as any future Maemo devices that may be in the planning stages.

Edit: 10/27/09: Sorry for the long delay in update, graduate school keeps you busy. Added NewEgg, PC Connection, and started a section for U.K. Took out TMobile speculation since we know what it is now.

Edit: 11/21/09: Another update

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-11-21 at 15:50.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Celluloco.com $498.88 I will not be buying from them since their warranty on honer European and Asian buyers

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think it works well in a thread, because there'll be updates of price changes and new sources all the time. That way the updates will automatically be time-stamped... as long as we can minimize OOT noises.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Celluloco.com $498.88 I will not be buying from them since their warranty on honer European and Asian buyers
nice to see it costs only 499 $ and that they ship to Europe, which would mean 340 € ! Too bad that they write "US$498.88 (Euros 413.45)" when you select your currency... that's plain false...
Plus, since they ship from USA and include insurance, they declare the value of the object and you have to pay import taxes...
Should re-read they warranty policy too, but it didn't convince me at all at first sight...

edit:
Celluloco - $498.88 - However if you are considering Celluloco. 1,2,3
read there (follow links) please before placing any order.. ^^

Last edited by thecursedfly; 2009-10-09 at 16:18.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
If this thread is better served as a wiki topic or merged with other threads then ok. I just thought it would be nice to have a central place for pricing of the n900 (+ speculation since of the T-Mobile's Project Black). This is for the United States (though if anyone wants to gather prices for other countries then I'll add them here).

United States: Prices do not include shipping or tax (if applicable)

Amazon - $582

Buy.com - $559.99 (in addition there is a $10 coupon if the product is $200 or above)

Nokia USA - $649.00, comes with Nokia bluetooth headset (and additional warranty?)

Celluloco - $498.88 - However if you are considering Celluloco. Please read these (follow links) before placing an order from Celluloco.1,2,3

Please feel free to let me know more pricing and store information so I can add it to this list so we can have one central place for this information for any newcomers, or even people who are just wondering where to buy it.

That's quite a price gap, so far Buy.com and Amazon seem to be the two best deals price wise for the device itself.

Now onto speculation. Regarding The T-Mobile: Project Black. IF TMobile were to subsidize the device, I imagine you would have to pay even more monthly. For example, right now the cheapest voice plan + smartphone data you can get is around $55 (300 min (No Fav 5) + Smartphone plan (300 SMS)). If you want Fav 5 (unlimited calling to 5 #s of your choice) that's $65 with the same 300 anytime minutes and same smartphone plan (300 SMS). If you want cheapest voice plan + unlimited SMS with the Smartphone plan I believe it would be $75 total.

If they were to subsidize the device to say $200 up front with signing. That would be (say we take Buy.com's selling price) that is $359.99 that T-Mobile is subsidizing it for. Now as we all know, you don't really get that great a deal with subsidized devices usually so you can expect to pay back that estimated $360 dollars through your contract.

Meaning you would be paying monthly more for a standard two year contract. That estimated 360 over 24 months would be an additional $15 dollars a month. So if TMobile were to subsidize the device then I imagine it would be $15 dollars on top of whatever plan you would currently choose. Don't forget, I believe you have to pay sales tax on plans too. Anywho won't find out more information from TMobile till March-May of 2010.

The other question is how quickly will the n900's price drop and how far. Considering the amount of Android and Windows Mobile devices coming out next year that range from low-end, to rivaling the n900, to exceeding the n900's specs on the different American carriers. Then considering if Apple decides to do another update of their iPhone, and with the Palm phones. As well as any future Maemo devices that may be in the planning stages.
I don't know if you're talking about T-Mobile in the US or in Europe, but the smartphone data plan in the US is $34.99 includes unlimited text, not the 300 limit that you stated.

Well, I'm pretty much dead set on ordering the N900 from Amazon: but here is my question:

Is it worth it to get it with the Squaretrade Warranty?

or perhaps I could get a better warranty from Nokiausa?

sorry thanks

Originally Posted by NSchuyler View Post
Well, I'm pretty much dead set on ordering the N900 from Amazon: but here is my question:

Is it worth it to get it with the Squaretrade Warranty?

or perhaps I could get a better warranty from Nokiausa?

sorry thanks

I don't think Nokia will sell you the extended warranty unless you bought it from them directly, could be wrong though.

Nokia extended warranty 1 extra year for $19.99

SquareTrade extended warranty 3 years for $49.99

Oh, on another note since we're posting prices for the phone.
Sign up for the free 3 month trial of Amazon Prime and get free two day shipping or overnight shipping for $3.99. I signed up for it before I pre-ordered my N900, and no they don't charge your card till the three month trial ends, so just cancel before the trial is up.

Well is there any significant advantage to either warranty?

Also: are there any screen protectors out that are of good quality?

Originally Posted by NSchuyler View Post
Well is there any significant advantage to either warranty?

Also: are there any screen protectors out that are of good quality?
Your phone comes with one year of warranty, so yes extending it another one or two years will definitely protect you otherwise after the first year if it breaks plan on spending allot of money to get it fixed.

Ah sorry: for clarification I meant to ask if either warranty had greatly improved coverage over the other.

But I guess I'll go the Amazon route and pick up the squaretrade one if coverage is about the same.