Active Topics

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
The website itself say's only with Blackberry's but I'm wondering if this would work with our N900 because both bluetooth versions are the same, or would we need to write some special script or something to get it to work.

This watch would perfect when I'm at work during meetings.

http://www.getinpulse.com/faq.php

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Until the N900 can run Blackberry apps (and emulate its version) you'd be unlikely to run the app in the manner you are hoping. Instead we'd need a Maemo-specific app designed for it, since they speak of a Blackberry application, which means it sits on the BB and links to the OS and Bt stack.

My idea would be to approach them with offers to assist in building the app through the Maemo community (assuming there would be devs volunteering) and they would have access to the code the whole way and final tweaking and approval is theirs before any kind of release is made.

I proposed that idea to Pandora but alas, they are simply a numbers junkie. Not that it isn't understandable they want a large market of compatible devices/users before committing to a new platform, but to let our Maemo folks do the work and give them the ultimate control, how high is the risk? They can always change their mind and nix the whole project at their disgression at any point along the way.

Very slick offering, not sure if 1.3" is all that useful for me. I'd rather have a nice wrist strap for the N900 that holds the device on the inside of the wrist, as has been rendered in another thread.

Last edited by daveb70; 2009-10-26 at 20:56.