Active Topics

Notices

Hi, I just want to know, is there any SMS blacklist/whitelist application for N900? Blackberry does have an original built-in security program for SMS, could N900 also embedded one?

The Following User Says Thank You to roamerjiang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Interesting idea. I haven't heard of such a thing, but it would be useful for some people, I'm sure (e.g. people being stalked). Also blacklisting for calls too.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Yeah, I've been wondering this. But I'm guessing it'll be an addon program later on.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Hi & welcome to the forum!
What does such an SMS app do exactly?
And what is a "built-in security program" exactly? Just another marketing buzzword by Blackberry, or can you explain what it does? :-)

Basically, it's an application that upon configuration can deny/refuse calls/SMSs from specified numbers.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Hi & welcome to the forum!
What does such an SMS app do exactly?
And what is a "built-in security program" exactly? Just another marketing buzzword by Blackberry, or can you explain what it does? :-)
Basically, "iptables -t filter -L INPUT -p SMS". Default policy for chain is ACCEPT. He wants to be able to use DROP and use whitelisting, or keep ACCEPT and blacklist something. E.g. a spammer. Indeed, same useful for GSM or VoIP. Most IM applications implement this server-side nowadays while his proposal is client-side. Client-side and server-side are not mutually exclusive btw.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Incase people reading this were wondering what an existing Symbian program looks like and how it works there is one called "Advanced Call Manager" that came bundled with my E71

Can have white/black list, default between lists at either set hours of the day, so useufl for people with work phones they use for personal, also can work on the network cells you are located in, so you scan the signal you receive whilst you're in the office and it activates a work list, when out side this/or at another range of cells there can be another list

Very useful, and not expensive for the full license if i remember

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njoughin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by njoughin View Post
Incase people reading this were wondering what an existing Symbian program looks like and how it works there is one called "Advanced Call Manager" that came bundled with my E71

Can have white/black list, default between lists at either set hours of the day, so useufl for people with work phones they use for personal, also can work on the network cells you are located in, so you scan the signal you receive whilst you're in the office and it activates a work list, when out side this/or at another range of cells there can be another list

Very useful, and not expensive for the full license if i remember
Same for me, used to use Blackballer on my N96.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kieron For This Useful Post:
I would also prefer a "don't disturb" mode as an extension of the flight mode. So no incoming calls or sms but you are still able to use internet connection or make calls if YOU want to

The Following User Says Thank You to draco.bdn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
My N95 has call blacklist... it would be wonderful for the N900 to have it as well.