Active Topics

http://socyberty.com/folklore/is-2012-real/

Read this and tell me please comment if you think about 2012

Well there were several civilizations that predicted 2012 (well not really predict but their calendars just stopped around then). Though I think most of those ancient civilizations based their calendars off the lunar system so maybe it just got unpredictable so they gave up (since they didn't think people would be living that long. =P)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

No, 2012 (if you're referring to what I think, I didn't check your link) isn't all it's cracked up to be:
http://science.slashdot.org/article..../10/26/1517242

Yes 2012 is real. Its an actual year. It comes right after 2011 and shortly before 2013.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I actually do believe that the world will end in 2012 and to help free yourself from your earthly belongings I am volunteering to accept them. You can paypal it all to me on Dec 31.

You're welcome.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I thought the world was supposed to end at the end of 1999? Am I a ghost?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i predict it will end in 2050 as thats when the calendar on my watch stops

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
There's a researcher I stumbled across recently who has a novel theory about 2012: he thinks we have the start of the Mayan civilization wrong. He believes that based on similarities, the Mayans and Egyptians were contemporaries and both (re)started their civilizations at the same time after a great flood (note that both have origin myths/legends along those lines).

The fascinating part is, if you move the Mayan calendar origin to match the Egyptian Zep Tepi (beginning), then the end of that calendar no longer falls in December 2012 but exactly at the threshold of the Age of Aquarius.

Ancient civiliaztions were big on following the phenomenon of precession, so this makes too much sense to ignore IMO. It fits with other evidence that conventional historians like to ignore (such as coca and tobacco in Egyptian funeraries).

So... everyone can relax now. Well... until we get into the thick of the Taurid meteor stream in a few decades that is...

Last edited by Texrat; 2009-11-13 at 03:12.

i would have read the article only if that annoying guy stops popping up in the middle and gray out the whole site and start talking BS.

I remember when i was 12 and everybody was talking about how the big volcano would go off at the end of the year and everybody will die this one is the same thing.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
I don't see why it's the Mayans who have known when the world would end.

There's always someone saying that the world is going to end. Now just someone made a movie about it and apparently is creating almost mass hysteria.

So yes, year 2012 is real but there's no bigger than normal reason to expect that the world would end then.