Posts: 18 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Graz, Austria
Hi,
I know, that expansys.de and .at sells the N900 with the QWERTY layout without umlauts.
Are there any more shops that sell these versions in Austria or Germany?

MiNe

Last edited by MiNe; 2009-11-30 at 13:05. Reason: customise the title

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Are you sure it's not an error on the expansys site? They seem to have copypasted the English description... And it's not uncommon that people refer to a full alphanumeric keyboard as "QWERTY" even though the actual layout is different. They simply don't know better. I would be suprised if expansys would sell imported English/American devices.

I got a confirmation (from expansys.at) that they sell the N900 in QWERTY EU version and asked them, if there are no umlauts on the keyboard.
Guten Tag,
Ja, da haben Sie Recht, denn QWERTY steht für Englisch.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by MiNe View Post
Hi,
I know, that expansys.de and .at sells the N900 with the QWERTY layout without umlauts.
Are there any more shops that sell these versions in Austria or Germany?

MiNe
it does not matter which country you order from as long as it is part of the EU.. so you might wanna check on UK as it is about 480eur (lowest I found), keep in mind you need an additional charger for 12eur if you order from somewhere with another wall-plug
http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/pl/1-12...Compare-Prices

btw there are other threads about this issue asking some kind of the same question as you and the "does nokia germany sell qwerty" guy

Last edited by chemist; 2009-11-24 at 14:14.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
it does not matter which country you order from as long as it is part of the EU.. so you might wanna check on UK as it is about 480eur (lowest I found),...
Cool, that would be great! Now I'm going to look for a good online store in the UK and take a try.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by MiNe View Post
I got a confirmation (from expansys.at) that they sell the N900 in QWERTY EU version and asked them, if there are no umlauts on the keyboard.
Wow. That's daring. They'll have quite a few returns, I'd guess.

im not even so concerned with the arrow buttons, what concerns me that the german version doesnt have an own "," button, instead you need to press the blue button first!

i`d rather buy the uk-version an use "ae", oe and ue, and have an own dedicated "," button, that aside, the umlauts still could be accessed via virtual keyboard.

Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
im not even so concerned with the arrow buttons, what concerns me that the german version doesnt have an own "," button, instead you need to press the blue button first!

i`d rather buy the uk-version an use "ae", oe and ue, and have an own dedicated "," button, that aside, the umlauts still could be accessed via virtual keyboard.
I'm also going to buy the UK version. The cheapest I've found so far is http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/2346/.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiNe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wien, Austria
Im also interested in buying the QWERTY version of it... anyone from Austria already ordered some querty's? anyone got the 'machine' already? any info would be very helpfull..

cheers

I've already ordered my N900 at handtec online store.
They don't know when it will be available until now.

@ketax: Du hast PM deaktiviert. So konnte ich nicht direkt antworten.

The Following User Says Thank You to MiNe For This Useful Post: