Active Topics

Hi to everybody, i am relatively knew on this forum and have been more of an observer.
Finally i received my phone this afternoon, full of excitement . I switched it on straight away and noticed my screen remained blank and black, absolutely nothing apart from the blinkin light and the usual NOkia sound. Obviously i took off the screen protector, took out the battery..nothing .. blank.. really disappointed after so much wait !! not the best first impression.,,
Any advice would be appreciated..cant play with my new gadget>>>
Wrote this on my iphone 3gs

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by Bollen View Post
Hi to everybody, i am relatively knew on this forum and have been more of an observer.
Finally i received my phone this afternoon, full of excitement . I switched it on straight away and noticed my screen remained blank and black, absolutely nothing apart from the blinkin light and the usual NOkia sound. Obviously i took off the screen protector, took out the battery..nothing .. blank.. really disappointed after so much wait !! not the best first impression.,,
Any advice would be appreciated..cant play with my new gadget>>>
Wrote this on my iphone 3gs
It may be that you would need to charge your device as many times they leave with just enough juice from the factory to boot -but not always.

There should be a note within your Quick Start instructions towards a charging time; but if not, put it on the charger for 2-6hrs, then try operating your device and see if that gets you going.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
thanks....i charged it now for about an 1hr..no change at all still blank screen ..

perhaps i should charge it for a few hours and the see if the thing starts up properly and the screen comes on. Have a feeling something is not right :

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
thanks....i charged it now for about an 1hr..no change at all still blank screen
seems like DOA. Unlucky. Faulty hardware or mishandling by carrier. Lets hope just a battery fault. Where did you order?

ordered it from nokia uk ...arrived this afternoon and as i said the battery has been charged an hr or so and absolutely nothing is happening ...apart from the nokia welcome sound..

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Originally Posted by Bollen View Post
ordered it from nokia uk ...arrived this afternoon and as i said the battery has been charged an hr or so and absolutely nothing is happening ...apart from the nokia welcome sound..
Welcome to the n900

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
are you sure your charger is really charging and it's not faulty?

Originally Posted by bbin View Post
are you sure your charger is really charging and it's not faulty?
the charger seems to be fine..charged the unit for about 2 hrs and still the screen is black black ...can hear the welcome nokia sound and the little light is green..very frustrating

Originally Posted by nuknuk View Post
Welcome to the n900
thanks nuknuk ..not much nucky with my phone its dead

Tags
lack of quality control