Hello

After 5 days of use of the N900, I totally love its hardware & software. However, here are the points that need to be improved in the next firmware (in my opinion of course):

1- Mail

- No copy/paste from a mail!

- No indication of the numbers of unread mails in the screen where you have all the mail accounts (you have to enter in an account to see if there are unread messages)

- Is there a bug in the destinatory informations? In a mail, when you do "details" to see to who the mail was sent, you only see you even if there are several recipients

2- Calendar

- Of course the multiple sync of google calendars

- Week view: Beautiful looking but not really useful: When you have full-day events and you look at hours between 14h and 17h for example, you don't see that you have other events.. You constantly have to scroll up & down to check if you didn't miss something
Idea:
* Put a color bar in the up or bottom of the screen when an appointment is out of the field view
* A new setting to determine the interval to be seen on the screen in the week view (from 9h to 18h for example)
* The zone for full day event should not be scrollable and be kept on screen even if you scroll down!

3- Web

Possibility to create folders in the bookmarks?
(Maybe you can I did'nt search enough)

4- Media player

- Ability to control the volume with the harware buttons EVEN IF THE DEVICE IS LOCKED

- The search fonction only works with the beginning of the names, it doesn't search everywhere like in the contacts search

5- Others

- Bug in photo viewer?: The album cover arts embedded in my mp3 files appear in the photo gallery, with 1 image for each mp3 file!

- Improvement: A new field in the options when you tap the status bar: Activate/Deactivate 3G

I know I should post this in the bug or brainstorm section, but I don't know exactly how to do this. Sorry for the english

Last edited by peio; 2009-11-27 at 10:04. Reason: Add things

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by peio View Post
Hello

After 5 days of use of the N900, I totally love its hardware & software. However, here are the points that need to be improved in the next firmware (in my opinion of course):

1- Mail

- No copy/paste from a mail!

- No indication of the numbers of unread mails in the screen where you have all the mail accounts (you have to enter in an account to see if there are unread messages)

- Is there a bug in the destinatory informations? In a mail, when you do "details" to see to who the mail was sent, you only see you even if there are several recipients

2- Calendar

- Of course the multiple sync of google calendars

- Week view: Beautiful looking but not really useful: When you have full-day events and you look at hours between 14h and 17h for example, you don't see that you have other events.. You constantly have to scroll up & down to check if you didn't miss something
Idea:
* Put a color bar in the up or bottom of the screen when an appointment is out of the field view
* A new setting to determine the interval to be seen on the screen in the week view (from 9h to 18h for example)
* The zone for full day event should not be scrollable and be kept on screen even if you scroll down!

3- Web

4- Others

- Bug in photo viewer?: The album cover arts embedded in my mp3 files appear in the photo gallery, with 1 image for each mp3 file!

- Improvement: A new field in the options when you tap the status bar: Activate/Deactivate 3G

I know I should post this in the bug or brainstorm section, but I don't know exactly how to do this. Sorry for the english
for number 4 photo viewer: go in settings and chose filter by folder the select it to only show images from camera default folder
then you just get your photos shown

EDIT its not in setting just click all images at top of screen then you'll see filter by folder

Yes thanks, in fact I made a mistake, it's not 1 image for each mp3, it's just that I had several cover art for each album

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
It's still inconvenient, because the Photo viewer doesn't remember this filter. When you open it next time, it will again be showing "all images" and with 1000+ photos it makes the whole app so slow it's almost unusable while it's trying to generate thumbnails for them all. There are definitely some (logical, ui) problems with the photo viewer.

I would propose making "Camera" folder the default folder - or the last folder that was "filtered".

Originally Posted by peio View Post
Hello

3- Web

This is possible on the SDK \ emulator. I don't have a device yet so can't test there but I'd assume it's the same

Thanks, in fact it works, you have to move one bookmark, and then you have the option to create a new folder

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
as far as constructive improvement ideas go...It would be nice if you could click on a contact address and launch it into ovi-maps to navigate to that destination.
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by dwould View Post
as far as constructive improvement ideas go...It would be nice if you could click on a contact address and launch it into ovi-maps to navigate to that destination.
Vote for this enhancement in Bugzilla
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2962

To get rid of an application....rather than clicking the X button..maybe drag and throw the app upward and downward to get rid of it?