Active Topics

Poll: Woud you turn in your N900 for a full refund?
Poll Options
Woud you turn in your N900 for a full refund?

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
I think pretty much everyone here would agree that the N900 is not perfect. No device in the market today really is.

So for those who have been using its glorious features alongwith its accompanying annoyances/issues, if you had a chance to get a full refund on your N900, would you go for it?

The Following User Says Thank You to archebyte For This Useful Post:
Everybody has a chance for a full refund, there is a 7 day return policy. So you should be asking, "Have you returned your n900 for a refund?"

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Dude... get over it?

The N900 has bugs and hardware issues = defect devices were dispatched!

That doesn't mean that the N900 won't be 100% efficient at what it has to offer.

I don't even have mine yet and I'm sort of glad, because at least I know I'll most likely get a device that works.

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by God View Post
Dude... get over it?

The N900 has bugs and hardware issues = defect devices were dispatched!

That doesn't mean that the N900 won't be 100% efficient at what it has to offer.

I don't even have mine yet and I'm sort of glad, because at least I know I'll most likely get a device that works.
Actually, I am quite content with the N900. The poll is just to gauge if the issues are significant compared to the overall experience. Yes, some have experienced problems but most I think are generally happy with their purchase.

The Following User Says Thank You to archebyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bucharest, Romania
Most likely the new delay in some regions like UK are caused by some batches of devices that had faulty parts as the mic. Seems to me most of the faulty devices were shipped in UK with only sporadic faults in US.
Probably they're just replacing and making sure the devices are fully working before dispatching them again ... news in media about a non-working N900 after all those delays would be catastrophic for Nokia I presume ... just my 2 cents ..

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by archebyte View Post
Actually, I am quite content with the N900. The poll is just to gauge if the issues are significant compared to the overall experience. Yes, some have experienced problems but most I think are generally happy with their purchase.
I haven't upgraded yet but polls like this make me wonder. I'm in the market for a new car and I would cross off any car where 20% of the buyers (at this point in the poll) would or would consider returning it after driving it for a week.

I'm hopeful version 1.1 solves most of the problems. I wonder if Nokia wouldn't have been better off postponing the launch until 1.1 was done.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
I haven't upgraded yet but polls like this make me wonder. I'm in the market for a new car and I would cross off any car where 20% of the buyers (at this point in the poll) would or would consider returning it after driving it for a week.
I would say this sort of results would be expected in this situation. With all this hype, it was just a matter of time when the forums would be full of people complaining about these "missing" features.

People who seem to be happy with the device mostly seem to be the ones who actually know what they would be getting. Then there's the people who are expecting a new flagship phone and are dissapointed with it. And now they're angry and dissapointed and vending their frustration to somewhere.

Naturally this is issue for Nokia if there's enough people who are dissapointed, no matter where they've gotten their expectations from. Though not sure how they could control the expectations. I think the biggest question is that how to create an open device, not to get people pissed with delays and also wait long enough so people are not waiting for it to finish it.

Personally, what I've read so far and when it comes into features, I'd rather take the device now as it is than wait for several months to replace my E71. It's mostly because my usage: N900 has good enough features for me when it comes into phone etc and great features when it comes into web browsing, messanging and using SSH-connection.

Last edited by fouro; 2009-11-27 at 20:38.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by DaveP1 View Post
Voluntary response tends to bias towards negative options. People who are satisfied are much less likely to respond in polls like these so take any percentages derived from them with a large grain of salt.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
are you crazy? lol it does have some missing features *portrait mode* but it's still one of the best device i ever used/owned....

and the more i'm using it the more i like it each day

The Following User Says Thank You to thinh For This Useful Post:
Well my N900 is far from perfect. I have no MIC and no auto focus on my camera, BUT, I can see the potential of this device is huge. I will be hanging on a little longer for one!