Active Topics

Hey guys, just got my N900 and I'm trying to configure my wireless network. Well, it turns out my wpa passkey has several carets (^ symbols) so I went on and tried to input them but nothing happens

I tap on all the symbols on the third row and nothing happens, they just get highlighted. Tried highlight then enter and it didnt work. I tried the same in the browser and notes app and they arent inputted. Any other symbol on any other row works. Can anyone confirm?

Searched maemo bugs and the forums but found nothing.

Last edited by jessi3k3; 2009-11-30 at 23:52.

highlight, then press space

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
D'oh! Thanks! Why is it only the 3rd row that requires this? Seems counterintuitive

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
They are "deadkeys". Select one and then press space to get the character. Selecting and then pressing a letter gets you an accented letter.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jsa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
Same here in xterm, 42-11, retail unit. apparently

Edit: Ah. thanks!

Originally Posted by jsa View Post
They are "deadkeys". Select one and then press space to get the character. Selecting and then pressing a letter gets you an accented letter.
Ah, that makes sense. Now it seems pretty reasonable. Thanks guys

I wonder if you can change the last row? I'd love it if there was a way to add ş,ğ,ü,ö,ç,ı etc

The Following User Says Thank You to Arif For This Useful Post:
thanks, this help!
I was trying to post a new topic about this problem and this thread showed up.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Austin, TX
Well, this answers the problem I had, I ended up putting my WPA key in Google Docs and copy/paste from there. So, if you're using the virtual keyboard, how do you select these characters since there is no "space"?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Kisama View Post
So, if you're using the virtual keyboard, how do you select these characters since there is no "space"?
What do you mean "there is no 'space'"? Of course there is. On the vertual keyboard, you tap on the symbol (~, ^,...), it stays highlighted until you press either space or another character.

So basically it's the same behavior I see on my desktop computer. When I press ~ here nothing happens until I press either space or another letter that can be combined with ~, such as n (ñ).