Active Topics

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Nokia has it's annual event for investors today. It's mostly boring economic investor stuff, but there will propably also be talk about Nokia's products and platforms, including Maemo. Thought I'll make post about it, just in case anybody is interested.

It starts at 14.00, Espoo time (12.00 London, 07.00 New York).

Live webcast (Requires you to register name and email for access).
Event homepage

Pesentations from:
Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, President and CEO
Mary McDowell, EVP, Chief Development Officer
Kai Öistämö, EVP, Devices
Niklas Savander, EVP, Services
Alberto Torres, EVP, Solutions
Anssi Vanjoki, EVP, Markets
Rajeev Suri, CEO, Nokia Siemens Networks
Timo Ihamuotila, EVP, Chief Financial Officer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
from nokia press release

Nokia Devices & Services operational priorities
"In addition to providing its key financial targets, Nokia also outlined key Devices & Services operational priorities for 2010. These are:
- Improve our user experience;
- Re-engineer our Symbian user interface; deliver a major product milestone before mid-year 2010, and another major product milestone before the end of 2010;
- Deliver our first Maemo 6-powered mobile computer, with an iconic user experience, in the second half of 2010;
- Significantly increase the proportion of touch and/or QWERTY devices in our smartphone portfolio;
- Scale up our Services business by expanding geographically and in partnership with more operators;
- Provide third party developers with better tools to create applications and content for our Ovi ecosystem;
- Further optimize the industry's lowest cost end-to-end business model in Mobile Phones; and
- Continue to build on our affordable and localized services offerings for emerging market consumers."

http://www.nokia.com/press/press-rel...newsid=1358666

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
About 40 minutes for event start. Nokia press office has released written summary of items that will be presented. link

For Maemo community the most interesting part deals with Nokia's operational priorities for Devices & Services unit in 2010:

Improve our user experience;
- Re-engineer our Symbian user interface; deliver a major product milestone before mid-year 2010, and another major product milestone before the end of 2010;
- Deliver our first Maemo 6-powered mobile computer, with an iconic user experience, in the second half of 2010;
- Significantly increase the proportion of touch and/or QWERTY devices in our smartphone portfolio;
- Scale up our Services business by expanding geographically and in partnership with more operators;
- Provide third party developers with better tools to create applications and content for our Ovi ecosystem;
- Further optimize the industry's lowest cost end-to-end business model in Mobile Phones; and
- Continue to build on our affordable and localized services offerings for emerging market consumers.

EDIT: I'm slow

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
i think we submitted at exact time lol

Rauha when submitting details to watch web cast what do I put in company name if i don't have one ?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Melbourne
yay maemo 6 and another Nx series in 6 months? (considering this awful delay will set me back maybe to Jan before i got my N900) =(

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Rauha when submitting details to watch web cast what do I put in company name if i don't have one ?
Whatever. Doesn't matter.

I wrote "WonderGadget inc." in finnish.

Wondering if the Symbian "major product milestone before the end of 2010" means Symbian ^4 product in 2010.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Maemo.org user

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Nokia has it's annual event for investors today. It's mostly boring economic investor stuff, but there will propably also be talk about Nokia's products and platforms, including Maemo. Thought I'll make post about it, just in case anybody is interested.

It starts at 14.00, Espoo time (12.00 London, 07.00 New York).

Live webcast (Requires you to register name and email for access).
Event homepage

Pesentations from:
Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, President and CEO
Mary McDowell, EVP, Chief Development Officer
Kai Öistämö, EVP, Devices
Niklas Savander, EVP, Services
Alberto Torres, EVP, Solutions
Anssi Vanjoki, EVP, Markets
Rajeev Suri, CEO, Nokia Siemens Networks
Timo Ihamuotila, EVP, Chief Financial Officer
There's no "thank you" button in off topic. So: Thank you.