Active Topics

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Is it possible to set up a VNC server in Xubuntu and use the VNC Viewer on the n800 to view it?

At the moment I just need to know if it's possible and can be/has been done before I dig into all the various bits of info available.
In short I need to know if I'm wasting my time trying to get it to work or not.

I'm using Xubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) and the latest Diablo OS on the n800.

rDesktop is the one app I miss the most since giving M$ the heave-ho and I'd love to have the functionality back.

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
I have vnc to my ubuntu desktop many a time. Depending on what you want to do you might find X forwarding better.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Thanks xopher_mc but I'm specifically referring to Xubuntu.
My needs are relatively simple - mainly I'd be connecting to kick off and stop torrents.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
I've never used Xubuntu in particular, but my n810 has never had any issues with VNC to any *nix or m$ machine I've tried it with. If your machine will run a vnc server then I doubt you'd have any trouble accessing it from the tablet.