Active Topics

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Hi
I got my N900 today, and when it boots up, i see a little white dot in the upper left corner where the rest is black. Ist that a pixel error ? If so, is there a tool to test or something to get rid of that ? Or do i have to give away the N900 to get it fixed ?

You want to return your n900 because of a white dot on the boot screen?

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by OptX View Post
Hi
I got my N900 today, and when it boots up, i see a little white dot in the upper left corner where the rest is black. Ist that a pixel error ? If so, is there a tool to test or something to get rid of that ? Or do i have to give away the N900 to get it fixed ?
try this: make a picture that is completely black (for example, create a simple image in windows paint and paint it dead black) and watch it on your n900 in full screen.
if the white dot is still there, it propably is a dead pixel.

The Following User Says Thank You to msa For This Useful Post:
lol no i dont want to give it away because of a white dot on bootscreen. This is where i saw that first. It is on every screen.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
It's called a dead pixel.

It's a pretty normal error in LCD screens. Even my own 15' TFT has one or two. You still might want to get a replacement if it bothers you too much.

The Following User Says Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
Even my own 15' TFT has one or two.
Somehow, I'm only mildly surprised that a 15 foot LCD has one or two dead pixels.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Thx for the reply. I will see how much it borders me. A expensive toy should normaly be 100% ok.

Last edited by OptX; 2009-12-04 at 16:48.

some times if you massage the dot it can come back to life. Gentle finger pressure in a circular motion.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
some times if you massage the dot it can come back to life. Gentle finger pressure in a circular motion.
Dont Know, but it got a little smaller with the massage
It is not 100% away, but getting better, so maby not the dead pixel thing. Or did i give the dead pixel a heart massage ? lol

If you can eliminate the pixel problem with a massage it's not a dead pixel, it's a stuck pixel. (that's the actual term for it).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...