Active Topics

as per subject, what is the health size for rootfs? i mean how much is al ot. I am using extras-devel and testing and many apps uses rootfs, i manged to get free space to 45mb. is that good?

Question: How do you remove devel apps from rootfs
my rootfs is at 86% =(
been reading the other threads, and don't really understand the solution.
I've uninstalled some apps(unsing the app manager)
but it's still there , taking up space, would reinstalling then removing those apps on the xterm removed them for good?
man I should have listened to the "devel warning"
Thanks

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by keiel View Post
I've uninstalled some apps(unsing the app manager) but it's still there , taking up space
Which exact applications do you talk about?
And how do you know they are still there?

I uninstalled transmission by the app manager
then I went to xterm
typed dpkg -l
which listed the packages
and saw that transmission and transmission -common was still listed in the package list

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
And going to App Manager > Uninstall, Transmission is not listed anymore?
Might have a similar technical background as https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6726 , but unlikely as rootfs is not *that* filled.

Originally Posted by keiel View Post
and saw that transmission and transmission -common was still listed in the package list
and what was status of these packages? was it 'ii' as in installed or something else?

Go to probram manager, click on the word "program manager" at the top of the screen. A window will open. Click on program catalogue. This will show the repos. Scroll down to developer and open it. There is a box "deactivate". Put a check in the box and save. This should increase your rootfs by about 15 mb.