Hi,

Does anyone in this forum have been successfully able to get to the "Hover Mode" in the browser? For some reason, I havent been able to get the "mouse cursor" at all when I do a swipe from left to right as shown in many videos. This is what I'm referring to http://maemo.nokia.com/features/maemo-browser/gestures.

Is there any setting that needs to be enabled for this? Unable to select text from web pages is a drag.

While we are on the topic, can Maemo identify if the selection made is phone number and popup the add new contact menu?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Works for me - just swipe across from outside the display to inside (on the left hand side - swiping the other side gives you the history).

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
I swipe outside to inside of the screen on the bottom-left hand side for a more reliable trigger. I do not know if that makes a difference, but it seems to for my fingers.

thanks for the response . it just not working for me . when i swipe all it does is push the page slightly to the right. i tried it even on this page with no success. has there been any known issues reported?

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by tunn3lratz View Post
thanks for the response . it just not working for me . when i swipe all it does is push the page slightly to the right. i tried it even on this page with no success. has there been any known issues reported?
Are you using your thumb nail or the stylus?

SLN member # 009

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Same problem here. I use my finger

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
You need to start the swipe outside the screen (on the black frame). Once you get this, it is easy

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
It works for me as follows.

Run the browser and go to some website. With finger, swipe in from the edge of the phone itself on the left, just below the little speaker hole (is it?) halfway up the phone. (In other words, sweep in from well outside the visible screen area.)

Now a little box with an arrow in it appears about 1/4 of the way up the left edge of the screen.

Tap on the box. A red line appears in it, crossing the arrow, and a little cursor arrow appears on the screen. I am now in hover mode and can use the cursor like a mouse cursor.

Tap on the box again to turn it off.

The Following User Says Thank You to kwotski For This Useful Post:
The swipe area is not the entire left side of the screen. The sweet spot for the Mouse Hover mode is halfway between the speaker slot and the lower edge of the screen. When the browser is in windowed mode you can use the status bar as a guide. The swipe area is just above the status bar.

Use your nail - I had issues when I used my finger. Nail is far more precise and results in it working 95% of the time.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post: