Notices

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico, Monterrey.
Well, I wanted to have the maps for my country in my Cellphone, but so far, it is impossible to download them.

This is what happens.

1.- Open Nokia Map loader (latest).
2.- If my n900 is on mass storage, it tells me to put my phone in pc suite mode.
3.- If my n900 is on PC-Suite mode, it tells me to update the mal loader (which is the latest) or to put the phone on mass storage mode.

Does anyone knows a fix for this?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm having the same problem. Already installed Nokia PC Suite and it connects fine but map loader does not work...

Sorry I cannot offer you a solution but maybe someone else can???

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by mothmanex View Post
Does anyone knows a fix for this?
I've no familiarity with Map Loader, but as a workaround, you might try Jaffa's instructions for downloading and adding map data manually.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I've no familiarity with Map Loader, but as a workaround, you might try Jaffa's instructions for downloading and adding map data manually.
Perfect, Thanks

Thanks, works for me!

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico, Monterrey.
The problem is Ovi Maps with windows 7, in my virtual machine, XP, The map data loader is working great.

Last edited by mothmanex; 2009-12-14 at 22:42.

Originally Posted by mothmanex View Post
The problem is Ovi Maps with windows 7, in my virtual machine, XP, The map data loader is working great.

I don't know if that is the issue...I was running it in my Win XP virtual machine as well but I could not connect through PC Suite mode. How did you get it to work?

works for me. running xp.

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by z3phyr View Post
works for me. running xp.
Works on XP for me as well as long as I have mass storage mode selected..
The problem I have is that it is telling me that I dont have enough storage space???
To download all the maps is 5.6 Gb and Im 151 Mb short - I have deleted existing maps, so Im presuming that it downloads them to a smaller partition - is there a way round this??

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Are you guys using Jaffa's instructions as a workaround or have you got this to work using maploader?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12