Active Topics

Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Has anyone managed to get the imdb plugin working in Cinaest?

When I open the app, I can look up current movies through Google search but the imdb database does not download (none of the three servers work for me). I've tried downloading it with different WLANs, so I don't think my internet connection is the problem.

Is there a way to download the imdb database onto my laptop and then copy it to the N900 (what directory does cinaest look for the database?). Or is there another way to get it working?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hackney, London
I would like to get this working too, I have over 1000 movies listed on imdb and I like to add films after I watch them so this would be a great app (is that what it does?)

nobody currently using this app?

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by sgleo87 View Post
nobody currently using this app?
Nope. IMDB is availible through browser. So i don't really need it..

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
i posted this same thing as a possible bug on the programs garage page.

wish i could it to work, seems very cool as it could also tell you the screening times locally!

yea, that's exactly what I wanted to use it for....hopefully your post on the garage page will get some attention

The IMDB-plugin is still not working properly or? The Google function for the current movies in theatres works fine, but I cant get IMDB-part to run. Anyone more sucessful than me?

I managed to download a local copy of movies from IMDb by going into Settings --> IMDb --> Download.

Now when I go into IMDb from the main screen, I can use the top menu to Filter by year, rating, and genre, which gives me a list of movies that I can add to my Collection.

I can't figure out how to get movie posters for them (there's a setting I've enabled), or extra info for the movie apart from Name, Year, Genre.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I must be really stupid, but I can't figure out how to add my collection to Cinaest. There is no add-alternative, and all I se is "No movies"

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
I must be really stupid, but I can't figure out how to add my collection to Cinaest. There is no add-alternative, and all I se is "No movies"
Probably the application is in a early alpha version. I also tried all the options, I downloaded the IMBD movie list, but I couldn't get pass the "no movies" message.