Active Topics

Notices

Hi,

i swear i tried looking. but i couldnt find an answer.

is there a way to get pidgin to flash the led when recieving IMs? jus like the conversations app?

i'm searching this too but there is only such a plugin for the n800 so we have to wait till someone ports it

couldnt find any candidates in devel. so nobody is working on it at all. shame.

the built in IM conversation is ok but not as user friendly as pidgin. sometimes some contacts don show up. and sometimes they show up but i cant send them an IM for some reason.

i installed it on my n900 but it didnt work, even after changing the MCE LED Pattern from 'PatternCommunicationChat' (doesnt exist in maemo 5) to 'PatternCommunicationIM' or any other one in mce.ini.

UPDATE:
apparently it does work! i dont know why it wasnt instant, but it works fine now.

steps:
1) download: http://maemo.jabber.dk/pidgin-n800-l....2-2_armel.deb
2) in xterm as root, go to the directory you downloaded the file to and install it with: dpkg -i pidgin-n800-led-plugin_0.2-2_armel.deb
3) start pidgin and go to TOOLS->PLUGINS. find the "Nokia LED Plugin 0.2" in the list and click Configure Plugin.
4) where it allows you to enter an MCE LED pattern to use, enter:
PatternCommunicationIM
close out of it all and see how it works. it took about 5min for it to begin working for me -im not positive what caused the delay.
might need to restart the mce service to reload mce.ini if you want instant gratification.

enjoy, and thanks to the guy who made the plugin to begin with!

Last edited by hallgreng; 2009-12-28 at 21:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hallgreng For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Pakistan
hey guys,
i installed pidgin plugin for MSN and yahoo but didnt work but when i uninstall it, all components were uninstalled but pidgin extra protocols (bonjour and sametime) is not uninstalling .... need help

I'm not able to enable (I have enabled) the sound notifications. How do you do that?

Edit: Ok. The pidgin sound notification is also depended on the devices own sound volume

Last edited by laroma; 2009-12-31 at 08:55.

I installed Pidgin via the application manager. When I click the update button in the application manager will it look for updates for pidgin or do I have to manually download from the pidgin website?

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Yes, the app manager will look for updates automatically, that's one advantage of using it to install stuff.

I also downloaded it on my phone, and did configure the msn account. But it says it cannot connect.

Which port / adress do I need to use?

Originally Posted by Geert View Post
I also downloaded it on my phone, and did configure the msn account. But it says it cannot connect.

Which port / adress do I need to use?
Dunno how your network is but I didn't have to use any special settings when I installed it a week ago. Over the past few days though I've been getting alot of trouble connecting with it for msn That's why I was wondering if it needed updating.