Active Topics

Notices

The Ovi store is not available for this device.How can I get ringtones for the Nokia N900?

You... make the ringtones, or leech them off sites that have them.

Did you RTFM?

Pc Suite
MMC
SFTP

Lots of ways to do it.

This is not what you're likely used to, with everything being catered to your phone needs (like say, ringtones), via a website where you can just go to and automagically install ringtones.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
You... make the ringtones, or leech them off sites that have them.

Did you RTFM?

Pc Suite
MMC
SFTP

Lots of ways to do it.

This is not what you're likely used to, with everything being catered to your phone needs (like say, ringtones), via a website where you can just go to and automagically install ringtones.
Why do you have to attack the poor guy? Seriously, any time someone asks a question on here they are attacked and hailed as iphone users. What is wrong with you people - we're talking about phones here - everyone calm down.

OP: easiest way, for now, is to make your own ringtone. Try this site: http://makeownringtone.com/

Or download a program like Audacity or Reaper - it's fun to learn to use an audio editor.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IWantToMarryTheN900 For This Useful Post:
Oh, I'm not "atacking" the poor guy. I'm giving him some ideas of where he should look to learn on how to do what he's looking for. Feed a man for a day kinda thing. Too often nowadays, people just expect answers to be handed to them on a platter, with little to no effort on their part.

Everybody wants to be cool, but no one wants to learn how to get there.

If I were to attack him, I'd have said something like:

You idiot! This isn't an iPhone where you can just sync ringtones through iTunes! WTF are you doing posting such a dumb question?
Instead, I pointed him to some terms he should learn, and by extension, how to use them.

Got it?

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Progam called wavepad. One thing I missed about my touch pro 2 is the mp3 trimmer make ringtones right from your phone with any song you got on your device or memory card. Anybody working on such a program?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
one thing that bugs me is that I can only have one imported ringtone in the list of tones... is there a way to change this?

Originally Posted by Soap77 View Post
one thing that bugs me is that I can only have one imported ringtone in the list of tones... is there a way to change this?
You can put MP3 ringtones in the /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds directory to have them show as system sounds

and

aac/mp3 files in

/home/user/MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones

to have them show as ringtones.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Are you a Mac user? If so, use Garageband to make your ringtones. Works a treat!

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney AU
Hey there op, I'm with you. Some of us like to drive our cars more than spend all our time tinkering under the hood. But of course we'd be nowhere without the tinkerers so thanks to all who do like to get their hands dirty playing with code!

Try this site for tones/wallpapers http://www.zedge.net/

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ the netherlands

The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Drips For This Useful Post: