Active Topics

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brooklyn, NY
Hi everyone, new to these forums.

I have 3 issues,

1)I cant get T-Mobile 3G data to work, i tried all possible settings.
(internet2, epc, wap) and no success.

2) My camera wont save any pictures i take, it keeps saying operation failed.

3) i copied a few gamesaves over from my Playstation 3 and now they cant be erased, it says read only, i tried connecting to my PC to erase and i get an error "Cant read from source" and it shows us as a 3gig folder and theres 25gigs left on the n900...my question is is my phone basically worthless now?

i have the unlimited everything plan, and my previous phone was a Blackberry 9700

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Newcastle UK
no its not.. i don't have the link on how to reinstore the firmware a gain but i think it can be done via Nokia Software Updater on the Nokia P.C suit (can be downloaded via the N900 support page i think).

back-up contacts and calender
restore firmware
connect to PC in Mass Memory mode
reformat mass memory through P.C

note: use an XP PC for better result

The Following User Says Thank You to Techtertainment For This Useful Post:
thanks i'm going to try this now

maybe they had you on a blackberry data plan? might wanna try calling t-mobile to see if they can get you on the unlimited "smartphone" plan.

have you checked the bug section? maybe you got a lemon?

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kirkland, WA
If you just switched to T-Mobile, it can take a bit for the data to activate.

Just to make sure, your apn is set to epc.tmobile.com with no username or password, correct?

Also, are these gamesaves being viewed as read-only by the PS3, N900, Windows PC, Mac, Linux, etc?

I don't know why your pictures wouldn't save unless the PS3 tried to format the memory for itself and now the N900 doesn't have write permission.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
lemon phone dude

Originally Posted by Milesac View Post
Hi everyone, new to these forums.

I have 3 issues,

1)I cant get T-Mobile 3G data to work, i tried all possible settings.
(internet2, epc, wap) and no success.

2) My camera wont save any pictures i take, it keeps saying operation failed.

3) i copied a few gamesaves over from my Playstation 3 and now they cant be erased, it says read only, i tried connecting to my PC to erase and i get an error "Cant read from source" and it shows us as a 3gig folder and theres 25gigs left on the n900...my question is is my phone basically worthless now?
1. are you on contract or pay & go? Have you tried sending a text message with the word internet to 3064 (i think thats the no.) or best of all calling 150 for help?

2. Camera issue i dont know much about, might be a problem relating to issue 3 that mucks things up a bit

3. Had a similar problem whilst transfering videos from my PS3 to n900... mustt be because of the new file system the PS3 creates on the N900 which totally bars you from doing any changes on your own phone...you dont have authority or smthing like that..(you shouldnt even be able to delete any of your files!! How lame is that!! my own phone too! lol)

my solution: You need to delete the extra files/ folders the PS3 creates...sry cant remember what they were right now, but you should know the strange ones showing up in your file manager.

Now note : windows 7, and linux ubuntu couldnt do it...but i did it successfully on mac osx...(one of the pluses to having a triple booth rig on your pc) on the mass storage mode option... cant pro-offer any more info, cuz i stopped looking for when that worked.
Once thats done, everything worked fine..(i did do a rebooth of the phone, but not sure if you absolutely need to)

so get your self and phone infront of a mac & delete those new files..
who knows your camera might start working again.

Good luck!

ok, so for my first problem, it was because i came from a Blackberry 9700...

2) i'm working on it now, called nokia store and they suggested i come in and they mail out for me to get a replacement.

3) i erased the dummy files that were created, i now just cant erase the PS3 folder, and there 2 files inside the folder that say system data and are about 2 gigs each