Posts: 58 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA, USA
I have found 3 different ways to go "back" while browsing:

1) press the <- onscreen icon // this brings up the "back" history
2) swipe from right to left // this brings up the "back" history
3) press the backspace key // this goes immediately to the last page visited. This also requires that you open the keyboard....

Is there any way to go back to the immediate last page without opening the keyboard?

I wish there was a way of disabling the back button onscreen to go to history - wish it would just go back (a la pressing back on the keyboard). The history/thumbs take far too long.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Emulation of backspace key can be easily added to shortcutd to proximity sensor or camera key. Enyone else interested in this?

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
That's what i been wondering ever since i got the device and start using the browser. Whoever design the browser is just dumb...why would you not have a "BACK" button for a browser?? It's the most important or one of the most useful button in ANY BROWSER. Why the hell would have have a back button as a HISTORY button?? Who the hell want to go and look at the history just to get back to a prrevious page? The design is flaw and the logic behind it is stupid.

Glad they use the back key on the keyboard as back button though or else....this browser is REALLY screwed.

Last edited by romanianusa; 2010-01-05 at 18:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
It's indeed stupid, especially considering the fact that there could be a hold-button feature (short touch = back / long touch = history)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA, USA
so I take it that there is no solution currently?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Vote for or add comments/suggestions to bug #7002 if you want change.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
That's what i been wondering ever since i got the device and start using the browser. Whoever design the browser is just dumb...why would you not have a "BACK" button for a browser?? It's the most important or one of the most useful button in ANY BROWSER. Why the hell would have have a back button as a HISTORY button?? Who the hell want to go and look at the history just to get back to a prrevious page? The design is flaw and the logic behind it is stupid.

Glad they use the back key on the keyboard as back button though or else....this browser is REALLY screwed.
amen.

ive just returned my device, and god i hope i can get my money back. there are so many "features" like the one discussed in this thread that are nothing but bad, bad design. ive contemplated starting a thread to discuss it, but concluded theres no point. too many issues, to few (if any at all) influential people listening.

Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
Emulation of backspace key can be easily added to shortcutd to proximity sensor or camera key. Enyone else interested in this?
Very much so.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by koroviov View Post
ive contemplated starting a thread to discuss it, but concluded theres no point. too many issues, to few (if any at all) influential people listening.
It's an end-user forum - threads complaining about features doesn't get those features changed, but filing bugs in the official Maemo bug tracker and gathering votes does (quite a number of "influential" people read/monitor it, daily).

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post: