Active Topics

Stopped by the Nokia booth. I'm told a update is 4 to 5 days away!! Don't have all the details on what will be included.

thats great news if it turns out to be true. never can tell with nokia!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkFulgore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
My guess is that Ovi store is waiting for the firmware update. And the firmware update is waiting till the extra-respoitories (pre-enabled in 1.1) are on the new server.

Which would mean a whole pile of updates all falling into place like a row of dominoes next week.

Of course, this is pure speculation.

So what else was at CES?

Cesman, let's pray for Santa that you did not just speak to the booth babes/hunks with no clue!

You say you don't have all the details. Do you have any details? :P

Anyway, great news, hope it turns out to be true!!!

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
please please give me an update to fix my battery life. and give me ovi store and the rest- then i wont be buying nexus 1.. nokia get me my update now i am demanding.

There should be some "speed improves", Ovi store, better Exchange support among others... There should also be some accessory announcements soon.

As someone that has always wanted to attend CES, I cannot say I'm impressed...

Originally Posted by cesman View Post
There should be some "speed improves", Ovi store, better Exchange support among others... There should also be some accessory announcements soon.

i think the recession has made most companys take a hit, even though they say it hasnt effect there ability to get great products out, i can't imagine that is true.

good to know that the update is around the corner. i think it will be wenesday when it hits as i heard a different rumor about it being around that time aswell(don't hold me to that as it was just a rumor).

Still though will be good to be able to use my three sim on my n900 as they have great data bundles on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkFulgore For This Useful Post:
yeah right, i will believe it when cows starts falling out the sky.... This is the same company that promised us last year that the N900 will be released in September. Please give me a break. They better get their act together because Apple and Google (HTC) will soon wipe them off the phone business if THEY do not release this damn firmware before the month is over. PS please open the damn ovi store... thanks.

just venting my own...

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
Wait, if you think that when Ovi Store opens N900 will become the most famous device out there and beat it's competitors you are living on a different world.
These things need time.

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

The Following User Says Thank You to Lacedaemon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cesman View Post

Take into mind that nokia doesnt typically use CES as a launch venue, or even make too big of a deal about