Active Topics

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Everyone keeps saying the the keyboard is so horrible etc. I bought this phone yesterday, and after 4-5 hours of constant use I'm now pretty much typing faster with the keyboard than I ever did on my 5800. Maybe not as fast as a normal alpha-numeric phone, but still pretty fast.

Anyone agree, disagree?

i agree, the keyboard actually seems better to use than the one on my N810, which is sigtnificantly quicker - once you learn the keymap you can type reasonably fast.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
I find it very good. In Vim, where I have defined quite a lot of abbreviations, I can type 50+ words per minute, which is more than enough for me.

Befor the n900 i had a n97 and that keyboard was great, but n900s keyboaer is better now im used to it,

I haven't really heard complaints about N900 keyboard from the users.
I prefer the spacebar placing on the N900 and most of all keys got great tactile feedback. Lack of it can kill 5 row keyboard that got everything else right(problem with Droid and N97 i have tested).

Last edited by tissot; 2010-01-13 at 15:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
The keyboard has been fine for the most part. The only problem is when I have to use alternate functions on keys (eg. the numbers). Otherwise it is fine. Although I can't find a better phone keyboard than the Blackberry Bold's, but that wouldn't fit in this form factor.

once you get use to it ... its not so bad ... it feels like the htc touch pro (first one) i find that the way the space bar is located is awesome to me lol most people are annoyed by it ... but i don't know why it it works great for me ... like im natural at using it

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Only thing that bothers me is that i have to use fn key to get numbers.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
The keyboard is great IMHO.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Well, I can agree with you on that slender, but double tap fn key helps alot.