The update went smoothly in of itself, but afterwards, I can no longer access any webpages when connected to my AT&T connection or even on wifi.

I noticed /etc/resolv.conf was blank. Normally it contained "nameserver 127.0.0.1"

I added it, and it still does not work. Anyone have any ideas what else I need to check to see why I'm unable to get webpages?

I DO get an IP address and connect to the wifi or AT&T network without issue. Just no webpages.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
The update went smoothly in of itself, but afterwards, I can no longer access any webpages when connected to my AT&T connection or even on wifi.

I noticed /etc/resolv.conf was blank. Normally it contained "nameserver 127.0.0.1"

I added it, and it still does not work. Anyone have any ideas what else I need to check to see why I'm unable to get webpages?

I DO get an IP address and connect to the wifi or AT&T network without issue. Just no webpages.
Maybe try rebooting the phone? I had a small issue like this where MicroB wouldn't go onto any pages after I updated but a reboot seemed to have solved the issue.. I know on other threads I saw that people said that the resolv.conf doesn't have to have anything in it.. So that's not the problem?

I did reboot. No change.

I have the same problem. wouldn't reflash and now wouldn't recognize the usb anymore. Do I need to return this to nokia?

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
if you have installed vpnc that could be the problem.
There is a solution descibed here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=vpnc&page=5

The Following User Says Thank You to hstende For This Useful Post:
Seems to be psuedo working.

I did get the page to respond with:

Connection Interrupted

The document contains no data.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

I'm guessing this has something to do with their wifi changes?

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Seems to be psuedo working.

I did get the page to respond with:

Connection Interrupted

The document contains no data.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

I'm guessing this has something to do with their wifi changes?
So what controls the connections like wifi.. and can you do an apt-get remove then reinstall it? Just food for thought!

The vpnc issue was the cause.

This fixed it.

uninstall vpnc and then

cp /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script.dpkg-dist /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
hmm you don't have to uninstall vpnc.

I got the problem since the first maemo update this year..

resolv.conf was empty.
I copied the distributors new file and it worked.