Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Stupid question and real quick - does the Backup tool backup contacts?

I want to flash to upgrade (so much shat from devel/testing that needs to go), but don't want to loose all contacts and pictures.

Thanks,
Tim

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
well i've just done it and the answer is 'yes'

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i was kinda surprised, because when i backupped everything, it told it it backupped 2.3 or so megabytes.

quite small, but then again, what did i expect it to backup in the first place? xD

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Well, a reflash doesn't affect contacts since they are on another partition. Right?

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I backed up everything and it was 112mb.
When I did only the application list it was under 1mb.

Is there anyway to back up and restore apps after I update new firmware? I don't want to spend many hours to reinstall all apps .

Originally Posted by dthoaforum View Post
Is there anyway to back up and restore apps after I update new firmware? I don't want to spend many hours to reinstall all apps .
If nothing goes wrong and you update via application manager, all your apps will remain unchanged. This is assuming there are no conflicts with your apps and the new firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to unkno For This Useful Post:
Actually no. After I update new firmware, the apps I installed were lost, The backup function only back up the apps list but not actual apps. If my apps are about 4GBs, I have to download again and wait for .....

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
That's because you didn't update using Application manager - you used NSU or flasher.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by dthoaforum View Post
Actually no. After I update new firmware, the apps I installed were lost, The backup function only back up the apps list but not actual apps. If my apps are about 4GBs, I have to download again and wait for .....
first of all: i'm from germany. i don't know the exact nomenclatures for the english firmware. sorry. ^^

if you restored the backup and everything else showed up fine just go to the app-manager and click on the bar (where it says "Application-Manager"). there should be a new button under "program repositories" which says "restore programs". tap on that.

it's quite annoying that you have to download all programs once again but they aren't lost at least.
(be sure to have a wlan connection with flatrate *smile*)

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post: