Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Markham Ontario Canada
Update went well this morning, but now when media streaming video from my PC I just get the streaming audio or a static video frame with streaming audio. Worked fine before update. Anyone else having the same problem after the latest update?

UPDATE: Thanks for all the response - an official bug report has been posted at:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8000

"Vote early and vote often"

Last edited by bj4_now; 2010-01-16 at 03:30.

what is the streaming server?

My PC desktop is the "streaming server" using Windows Vista and "Media sharing" enabled - streaming through WiFi connection to N900.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
how did you get vista to share? mine is not playing nice with the N900 cant even see it on the network. Vista laptop does not show up on N900 either even though everything is set up for sharing and I can see the Vista laptop on other computers. I thought this had something to do with not supporting Samba on the N900

mine doesn;t work good with vista sharing too

haven't seen the new update here yet, so i'm wondering whether tversity streaming will be broken. the program has been working well with the n770, n800 and the n900, as well as with the ps3. (on xp. i avoided vista and haven't installed 7 yet.)

I turned "ON" the button for "Media sharing" in the Windows Network and Sharing Centre, then enabled sharing in my video folder on my PC. The N900 then "sees" the PC on the network when you open "Media player" on your N900 (bottom left corner - select your computer "name") and you can navigate through the shared folder.

I have now discoverd that a limited number of video does stream the same as befor the update. It looks like it might be a codec issue between firmware 42.1 and 51.1 - some codec support removed with the new update? Still experimenting to find out more on the issue . . . keep in touch!

The Following User Says Thank You to bj4_now For This Useful Post:
Sorry, I mean between 44.1 and 51.1 - the two latest updates!

Same problem here, before the update I could stream all my divx and xvid files from my PC shares, now I get only the audio and the first frame of video. Anybody have a fix for this?

I noticed the same thing, only audio without video. Also, I had my pc and network hard drive set up as (separate) media servers and now the app only finds the hard drive. I don't know if it's an issue with Windows or the update but it worked earlier this week with both servers and now it doesn't.