As I am tired of waiting for nokia Maemo team to release fixes for fixed bugs I decided to create such fixed packages by my own. Result is "system-updates" repository which so far contains only Modest with fixes for bug #6541 (Uses of "Odp:" instead of "Re:" in email subject).

More on my blog: http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/201...sitory-online/

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hrw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Can't access your blog... not from the above link... but domain only works..

Last edited by nashith; 2010-01-18 at 17:06. Reason: er...

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
Why the "2009.51" subdir? Is it for the 2009.51 release?

Yes, it is for 2009.51 release. I do not know will it work or not with older firmware drops and have no idea will it work with next ones. Modest for example will be at 3.2.xx version probably in PR 1.2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hrw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
So the idea is to have new subdirs and rebuilds for each release? Would be cool if the repo could handle PR1 as well. For example, extras, extras-testing, extras-devel don't need separate subdirs for each minor release. If it was built against the original SDK it would work for sure (and I would guess it would work with the "latest" SDK too, but I haven't confirmed this).

I really like what you are doing, it is definitely needed. How would you like others to contribute? I have a one-liner I'd like to fix in glibc

Thanks.

I plan to use only latest firmware on my n900 so when 2010.31 will get released I will not support anything older as I created those packages for my own use but decided to share them with other people.

If other developers wants to do updates of other packages then go ahead. I can probably host them here but will need to create kind of README which will give informations who made which package.

I do not want to make it big as I do not have too much space on my hosting.

And one more thing: Modest hrw2 just got uploaded - has patches from two more bugs (adding both was suggested by Jaffa):

- #3700 - Put signatures not on top in replies (thereby not forcing top-post)
- #2563 - Please provide an attribution line for replying

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hrw For This Useful Post:
when trying to update to maemo 51.2009.44-1.203.4 the download starts then sticks half way through the yellow bar stops like its stuck been trying for 2 days now just wondered if anyone else has had similar problems

minty09: thats wrong thread.

Are you going to stick to just those fixes that have already gone upstream (or are almost certainly going upstream), or are you going to have some other policy?

a fix for the media widget would be nice so that the play button finnaly works when you press it!