Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oklahoma
Sorry if this has been covered before or is in the wrong subforum but I have a bit of a problem with the application manager.

It seems if I uninstall a program it doesn't re-enter the list of applications to download.

I was trying to find custom operator name today and it wasn't there.. Just to test I uninstalled the fmradio app to see if it would show up after the uninstall and it also disppeared.

Initially the only apps I had tried had been apps from the maemo.org extras repo so I decided to do another test.. I installed the Amazon Widget from the Nokia repository, uninstalled it. Went back to app manager and it was there for me to download again. Tried it 3 different times. Thinking that it might be working again I downloaded Moobox, uninstalled it went back to the app manager and now it isn't listed either.

So as it stands right now if I ever uninstall a program from the extras repo I can never get it back.

Last edited by DuSStyBottoms22; 2010-01-20 at 20:35.

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
have you installed the update (PR1.1)?

mhm... maybe you can uninstall it and make "apt-get autoclean" as root in your x-terminal? :/

Last edited by b666m; 2010-01-20 at 03:54.

Yeah I've installed pr1.1 the day it came out.. I don't remember having this problem before that.. I specifically remember uninstalling-reinstalling a few apps.. now when I uninstall them they completely disappear from the repos.

I'm a linux newb and haven't tried anything with x-terminal.. Im skeeered.

when you go to the application manager you see three icons: uninstall, download and update.

have you already hit the update-button? (wifi/3g connection required)

Yep. Actually going through the list of downloads here at maemo.org I'm noticing quite a few programs that aren't in the download section of the app manager.. MClock, Liqflow, Ukeyboard..

Last edited by DuSStyBottoms22; 2010-01-20 at 04:07.

Originally Posted by DuSStyBottoms22 View Post
Yep. Actually going through the list of downloads here at maemo.org I'm noticing quite a few programs that aren't in the download section of the app manager.. MooBox, MClock, Liqflow, Ukeyboard..
which repositories are set in your app-manager catalogues?

testing and devel?

No no.. just extras on up.

Originally Posted by DuSStyBottoms22 View Post
No no.. just extras on up.
then that's why some apps don't show up - they are in testing and/or devel

maybe you could try this commands too:
apt-get -f install
-> attempts to correct a system with broken dependencies in place

you have to install "rootsh" and get root via "sudo gainroot" in x-terminal. then type the commands i posted above and here.

I've never enabled testing or devel so there's no way I could have gotten a program from those repos. I'm 100% sure the programs I'm referring to are in extras.

To be more specific programs I've downloaded and subsequently uninstalled no longer show up in the repos.

Testing the amazon widget from the nokia repo right now.

edit: Must be a problem with the maemo.org repo because I just downloaded, installed, uninstalled, re-downloaded and installed the Amazon Widget.

Last edited by DuSStyBottoms22; 2010-01-20 at 03:41.

i don't think so.
the app-manager (as the name states) manages what programs are showing up and which aren't.
maybe you should try apt-get autoclean and apt-get -f install.

Last edited by b666m; 2010-01-20 at 03:54.