Posts: 2 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I created a bash shell script to generate maemo SDK LiveCd on Ubuntu distribution. The same script can also be used to create a bootable USB pen drive (4 GB min.) from the created maemo SDK LiveCd image.

The script takes Ubuntu distribution iso image as input with some parameters and creates a bootable ISO image with maemo SDK and scratchbox 1 installed along with some autostart configuration which starts maemo SDK environment when its booted. It is currently tested on i386 architecture with Ubuntu 9.10 distribution and maemo fremantle SDK and nearly takes an hour to complete execution. 64-bit support is currently being added and is expected in next release.

The tool is named "live-cd-tool" and is available here at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/live-cd-tool. Please feel free to use and test the script and report any problems or any new features you would like it to support in future. Please refer to help on how to use it.

Last edited by madansum; 2010-01-20 at 09:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madansum For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 261 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Fascinating. I don't really see the use case though - would you boot from the microUSB?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
sorry, i couldnt understand what you meant by microUSB :-((. The script is tested on USB pen drives only as of now. I am not sure it if works successfully on other USB storage media like disk drives, but you can try and let us know and i will try to support it too if possible.

One of the use cases is, one can try maemo SDK without installing it on their computer and at the same time USB version offers persistent storage for any settings or programs he may create, otherwise LiveCd version is handy if persistence is not needed.

Last edited by madansum; 2010-01-20 at 13:39.