Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Hi all,

I originally had PC Suite installed for my previous Nokia, mainly so I could type SMSs etc and so naturally enough synced the N900 with PC Suite

However, I've since decided not to bother with PC Suite anymore as I don't have calendars/emails to sync. However, there is no way to unsync the phone in PC Suite. Nor did uninstalling PC Suite work.

As a result, the N900 is still tied to PC Suite and I can't delete calendars etc. Is there a way that I've overlooked to unsync the phone? Or is a backup and reflash in order?

Many thanks in advance

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
I have the same problem. Hope someone can find a solution for this

Shameless bump as I too have this issue. It's ruining my recently setup nuevasync for Google calendar and contacts.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
What exactly is the issue? My N900 calendar still says synchronised by PC Suite, but I'm now synchronising using MfE without any problem (I did have to clear the calendar first). I can't delete the calendar, but I don't think you can delete the main calendar anyway.

My issue has been solved by nuevasync regarding the calendar, but has now become an issue with contacts. My contacts do not update when I sync via nuevasync, even though I may have had 3, 5, or 50 contacts updated. I'm already in contact with nuevasync about this.

Regarding the calendar, though, this just popped into my mind. After syncing with PC Suite (or backing up, rather), all my events became doubled. I had duplicates of everything. Weird.

Calendar can be sync, yesterday I couldn't, but now I've been able. Mail sync is not possible however.

I too had the same problem. I installed PC Suite at one time when I first got the phone and never used it since. My N900 (default) calendar was listed as "synchronized" vs "local" and it would not let me delete it. Also, in the settings -> Transfer & Sync showed a PC Suite connection configured but would not let me remove it.

I just started using Erminig to sync my calendar with Google Calendars although I had to create a new local calendar on the device for it to work.

I really wanted to remove the "Synchronized" on the N900 calendar and was prepared for any extreme.

I opened terminal and renamed /home/user/.calendar/calendardb to /home/user/.calendar/calendardb.old and rebooted.

When it restarted the calendar was empty, but showed local. I had to re-establish my birthday's "smart" calendar and then I re-synced using Erminig to get my calendar back from google. I still put it in a separate place as now I am very careful with how I treat the N900 calendar.

The other good news is the PC Sync account in settings -> Transfer & Sync was finally gone too.

This worked for me. Just posting for those who may be interested. If you break your phone don't blame me.