Active Topics

Notices

One of the things I've recently discovered with the Garmins is a new feature called a "Trip meter" that is like a car's trip meter, but it gives compass, speed, distance traveled, gas used, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff.

http://www8.garmin.com/uk/WhyGarmin/products-trip.htm

There's the Garmin page showing the trip system in use. Friend of mine showed me that on his Garmin, and I completely fell in love it it immediately. So, I'm curious, does Maemo Mapper have something like this, or can it be added, or is there already another program that does this for you?

I've got an n810 right now and I'd love to see this kind of thing put into MM if it doesn't exist. Or heck, how about a separate app instead that does this instead?

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
The closest thing may be the the track function which does record the path you've traveled. It will appear in red and can be saved as an XML file. You can insert marks. The only data recorded is lat/lon, no time or speed. To get gas used you'd need a connection to the car's computer which I doubt a hand held navigator would have.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1