Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
I know how to highlight and copy text inside the web browser but how do you highlight text inside the email client? Even when I open a message to reply, I can type but cannot hightlight text.

Thanks in advanced

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gohan2091 View Post
I know how to highlight and copy text inside the web browser but how do you highlight text inside the email client? Even when I open a message to reply, I can type but cannot hightlight text.
If you "forward" a message from your inbox you are able to highlight and copy text using the keypad.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
if you open the message to reply then you can move around using the cursor keys. to select press shift and use the arrow keys to mark the text. press control+c in the end to copy.
it's still a bad way to do it, but at least it works. i tried directly from the email body but it doesn't seem to work...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adancau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
wow... that is a bad way of doing it but thanks both of you... got it working now!

The Following User Says Thank You to gohan2091 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Why is this still an issue? I thought this would have been fixed in PR1.2. It's a joke that you can't do such as simple thing in such a core part of software!

Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
Why is this still an issue? I thought this would have been fixed in PR1.2. It's a joke that you can't do such as simple thing in such a core part of software!
Hold shift - select text. No need to reply etc. The search button is your friend.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
If people bothered to use the damn search button they would have realized this isnt an issue in 1.2. To select the text in an email hold down shift and use the arrow keys to select the text you want.
If people bother to correctly read my darn post they'd understand that I was referring to the 'touch' highlight feature, as in the Notes application!

Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
If people bother to correctly read my darn post they'd understand that I was referring to the 'touch' highlight feature, as in the Notes application!
My mistake - I posted the old way of doing it (force of habit) the new way is to hold shift and touch highlight. However my point about the search button holds true as several threads have mentioned this.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

I did in fact search, but it only brought me here. I'm used to things not working. Next time I will search harder

Wait, I think we have a misunderstanding. I am looking in fact for draggable highlighting from with Reply/forward/compose. So i can drag over a portion of text in an email I'm writing and bold it, for example.