Hello Everyone,
first post on this Board and I must say that I've honestly found it very useful so far... except for the fact that no one seems to have the problem that I'm facing now )

I found myself in need to flash my N900's memory due to some folders appearing as Read Only.

I successfully managed to restore the following:
RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin (I choose the Global one since I reside in Italy)

and

RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

What happens now, after the flashing, is that whenever I try to watch videos in streaming (mainly on YouTube, but the same happens on, say, Vimeo) is that the video looks like loading for a minute or so, but then the message "An error occurred, please try again later" appears.
Same happens when I try to load a video from Facebook or similar...

Second problem after the flashing is that I can't download anything from OVI... what I mean is that I click on the icon relative to the item I'm interested to, but nothing happens... the page with the download link won't load.
This OVI thing is not a real problem at the moment, since I can still get extras from the Application Manager, but still it would be nice to have everything working like the day I unpacked my N900...

None of the problems I'm having now were had when I first started using this device.

I thought it could be a problem with Flash 9.4, I therefore tried to download it from somewhere, but couldn't find it.
I then reinstalled the FW a couple of times adding an extra switch-the-mobile-off and remove-the battery-for-a-few-minutes procedure, but again no luck.
Shall I attempt flashing again?

And yes: I'm far from being an IT genius and my computer literacy skills hardly go beyond the ability of enabling the firewall or running the antivirus, but I can follow procedures if explained.

Anyways... sorry for the long and rather tedious post, I'd really appreciate any sort of help from your side.

Are you using Firefox or the standard Web browser? I believe that Firefox has the Flash turned off, not too sure about the web player. Will check it now and get back to you.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Remove SIM, switch ON, insert SIM again, switch ON, go to Settings/Internet connections and pass all way through your 3G provider network setup.

May help.

Originally Posted by DarkPand0r View Post
Are you using Firefox or the standard Web browser? I believe that Firefox has the Flash turned off, not too sure about the web player. Will check it now and get back to you.
I am using the standard N900 browser, which I believed was Firefox 1.0.0 by the way.
Tried to download Firefox many times but I keep receiving the same error message over and over (downloading Firefox Failed).

How do I check if my Flash is on or off (yes I'm THAT bad )?

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Remove SIM, switch ON, insert SIM again, switch ON, go to Settings/Internet connections and pass all way through your 3G provider network setup.

May help.
Hello Egoshin,
tried that too, but no luck.
Cheers

I'm having the youtube problem as well, but I think it's only over 3G.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Just to let you know, yesterday I was having problems to open youtube videos directly on the recent app Tunewiki Media Player, but then I check www.youtube.com from the Browser and it wasn't opening as well... all other site were opening fine, maybe they had an outage or there was some network problem specific to my ISP, but I recommend that you test it through another computer to check if the flash on N900 is really the problem.

Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
Just to let you know, yesterday I was having problems to open youtube videos directly on the recent app Tunewiki Media Player, but then I check www.youtube.com from the Browser and it wasn't opening as well... all other site were opening fine, maybe they had an outage or there was some network problem specific to my ISP, but I recommend that you test it through another computer to check if the flash on N900 is really the problem.
Naa, the same video opens fine from my computer, plus it works fine over WiFi... my phone's data goes through my telco's proxy, do you reckon that might be related?

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
From the looks of it (since Ovi doesn't work as well), it seems that your MicroB is acting up. You can try clearing it up. Close all browser instances and type in xterm:

Code:
rm -rf ~/.mozilla/microb
Then either reboot the device (you might want to enable that in the power menu while tinkering with the browser) or restart all browserd deamons.

That will rebuild all the data structure for MicroB.

Originally Posted by kurtisboyd View Post
Naa, the same video opens fine from my computer, plus it works fine over WiFi... my phone's data goes through my telco's proxy, do you reckon that might be related?
Same, no problems with streaming from my laptop.

I've downloaded firefox 1.0.0 on my laptop from here:
http://noknok.tv/2010/01/05/nokia-n9...ennec-release/

I then unzipped and copied the whole folder in the Documents directory of my N900 only to found out that N900 doesn't recognize the .exe installation file, therefore I couldn't install Firefox.

3 questions now:
How do I check on the current browser on N900 if Flash is on?
How do I check if the default browser is really Firefox 1.0.0?
Can I install Firefox (anew?) on my N900 from my laptop or by any other alternative mean, since I can't get to download it from Mozilla homepage?