Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Honolulou
How do you watch embedded videos on N900? I saw few reviews where someone from Nokia playing embedded videos flawlessly but I can't watch any videos without stuttering or crashing altogether. I'm on wifi so connection is not an issue and I have set the cache to 40.

Do I have to wait until flash 10.1 support to watch videos?

Interesting, i have like 12 window pages open, and im on youtube.com playing videos without an issue?

Im running latest firmware (Im vodaphone UK) and haven't played with my cache, prehaps try resetting your options in that area?

no issues here. can watch flsh flawlessly, and perfprmance has improved since the fw update.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
link please.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Try hitting update and refresh in app manager and then download the latest firmware. It will be called maemo.

Odd this I was just about to,post a reply saying I can't watch videos on the mainplayer BBC website i.e. Alicia Keys, not in iplayer, for the same reason. Even though I have the lastest firmware but having mimimised the website in order that the whole website, rather than just the iplayer section, fits in the screen it seems the video plays smoothly, but the video's now the size of a postage stamp!!

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
You could also use an app like Zoutube to browse and watch YouTube without the webbrowser and flash overhead.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Odd this I was just about to,post a reply saying I can't watch videos on the mainplayer BBC website i.e. Alicia Keys, not in iplayer, for the same reason. Even though I have the lastest firmware but having mimimised the website in order that the whole website, rather than just the iplayer section, fits in the screen it seems the video plays smoothly, but the video's now the size of a postage stamp!!
I bet the bbc player is so heavy that it'll bring netbooks to their knees too. does youtube work fine for you?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Both videos on bbc.co.uk and youtube play flawlessly On bbc the movies have a tendency to stutter a bit during the first two-three seconds, but from there on its just smooth as ice

Originally Posted by Untouchab1e View Post
Both videos on bbc.co.uk and youtube play flawlessly On bbc the movies have a tendency to stutter a bit during the first two-three seconds, but from there on its just smooth as ice
Is that in full screen with no changes to the standard phone/browser specs? If so I have no idea why some phones play them OK and others seem not to!