Hello,
is it possible to link too N770 devices (directly without router) via Wifi or Bluetooth to have each a IP?
If yes, how?
Thanks

Last edited by tebra; 2007-01-26 at 08:07.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I was never able to get that to work (not saying it isn't possible), but it *looks* like the N800's enhanced features make it possible. I just haven't tested that yet. I hope it does, because I'd like for both of my kids to be able to get their N800s online at the same time through my phone-- right now only one at a time can.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
... I hope it does, because I'd like for both of my kids to be able to get their N800s online at the same time through my phone-- right now only one at a time can.
What you are trying to do is not possible. You can establish only one Bluetooth connection with the cell-phone at the time. You will not be able to make your cell-phone to talk to two N770 simultaneously.

FYI: Only one instance of each Bluetooth service/profile can be active between two devices. However, you can have two different BT services active simultaneously with two different devices. Example: N770 can talk to a GPS receiver (serial port) and to a cell-phone (dial-up-networking) at the same time, but you can not have the GPS receiver talk to call-phone (serial port) and N770 (serial port).

Hope this helps!

So it is not possible with Bluetooth.
Is it with Wifi?

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
I suppose you could establish an adhoc connection over wifi between 2 internet tablets.
And then share your internet connection : that's the thoughest part ... I suppose you'll have to install iptables And enable IP forwarding ...
Not trivial ...

Fred

OK, my goal is not to share internet but play some network games (like bomberman, Pengupop and Crimson Fields) with 2 n770.

Originally Posted by tebra View Post
OK, my goal is not to share internet but play some network games (like bomberman, Pengupop and Crimson Fields) with 2 n770.
I don't see why that wouldn't work putting wi-fi in adhoc mode and manually assigning IP addresses to each device that are within the same subnet, like 10.1.1.1 and 10.1.1.2 both with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by TiganSan View Post
What you are trying to do is not possible. You can establish only one Bluetooth connection with the cell-phone at the time. You will not be able to make your cell-phone to talk to two N770 simultaneously.

FYI: Only one instance of each Bluetooth service/profile can be active between two devices. However, you can have two different BT services active simultaneously with two different devices. Example: N770 can talk to a GPS receiver (serial port) and to a cell-phone (dial-up-networking) at the same time, but you can not have the GPS receiver talk to call-phone (serial port) and N770 (serial port).

Hope this helps!
Actually I didn't mean both tablets talking to the phone at one time. I meant one making the call, and the other "glomming on" to the other and sharing its connection. Maybe it's not possible either. If not, it would sure be nice if a usb cable could string two devices together...

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
I think that's the reason why doom creates an ad-hoc connection !

Fred

2 internet tablets als a pair of walkie-talkies (hey, this was hot when I wan young ;-)