My wife bought this several years ago, for herself, for about $9, on sale. It is a little nylon purse/man-bag. Anyway, I have been using it for a year, to hold my 770. It has a place for my business card, credit cards, and a few pockets. The 770 easily slips inside, and the top folds over, protecting it.

It has a place for a pen, so I put my Star Trek stylus pen in there. It has a pocket on the front where the disassembled 770 (rubber feet) stand goes in, and it has velcro to hold them in. Plus, they absorb shock to that side of the unit. I usually put the 770 in there with the cover over the screen, to protect it even more.

I just grab it out, and lay it on the part under the pen, to use it. This thing is alot like my old Newton case.

It has a strap, but I never carry it like that. Oh, and it has a zippered sleeve that has just enough room for iPod-style earbuds, or a few SD cards, and possibly (but not easily), the USB cable, rolled up.

If you want to go even cheaper, Wal-Mart has similar-sized little black nylon clutch-bags for $1.87US, (yes, under 2 dollars!), with a clear vinyl window on the front and back, and a zippered center section. It is thin nylon, but it would work, and you can actually slip the 770 inside, and then play-through the vinyl window, to protect the screen. I don't have one of those cheapie ones, but I visualized how you could use it.

See attached pictures below:
Attached Images