Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
hello guys, i want to free up my rootfs space and how do i find out which application is installed into the rootfs partition? well by terminal command.

sorry if i double post someone else thread.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
thank but i want to use command line instead. it's much faster than the application

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
The application takes a while to start, but with the GUI presenation you're able to parse the results very quickly.

I do agree that a command line would be useful, but I want it more for historical logging and scripting purposes.

Originally Posted by Alan_Peery View Post
The application takes a while to start, but with the GUI presenation you're able to parse the results very quickly.

I do agree that a command line would be useful, but I want it more for historical logging and scripting purposes.

so how do i clean the list of the extra dev from my rootfs? i want to free up some space

you mean the repository? If not you should remove the apps one by one.

df -ha

this list all mounted and the free space

dpkg -l

all installed apps

dpkg -l |grep ***

replace the stars to search for specific app

apt-get clean

removes the downloaded archives

vim /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list

to edit manually the repositories list.

Originally Posted by acvetkov View Post
you mean the repository? If not you should remove the apps one by one.

df -ha

this list all mounted and the free space

dpkg -l

all installed apps

dpkg -l |grep ***

replace the stars to search for specific app

apt-get clean

removes the downloaded archives

vim /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list

to edit manually the repositories list.

yes the repository cache.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
hello guys, i want to free up my rootfs space and how do i find out which application is installed into the rootfs partition? well by terminal command.
There's some perl scripts I've posted at http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=500101&postcount=7 which can be used for listing rootfs usage of an application (or of all applications).

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
What i found to be a great help was the Package View application which shows all the installed packages on the phone. Made it very helpful for me to get rid of the junk on the phone I don't use. Things like the gnuchess game and osso-lblocks and osso-marbles etc. Great tool for searching for the correct package name and then you can just remove them with apt-get remove *

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
wow, thanks for the command, been looking for it, always curious what version I have installed and app manager didn't show the program at all (such as preenv)