Active Topics

Hey,

I installed Qlandkarte M today on my N900.

To try it out I put a Geotiff map file in the MyDocs/MyMaps directory, as is instructed on the download page of Qlandkarte M. I then start up Qlandkarte and do a 'Map database rebuild', as the instructions say, but nothing happens. The map I installed doesn't appear anywhere.

I tried to search for a whole hour for information on this software, but there is very little to find on maemo.org or even other sources.

Can anyone help me out here ?

I do have the same problem.
Im using the latest version of Qlandkarte M, of february 8th 2010.
I tried it this way:
On your computer, in qlandkarte GT, export the geotiff file.
A file with the same name, and the extension qmap is formed.
The map will be visible in the database of QLandkarte GT on your computer.
Copy both files from your computer to the MyMaps directory on the N900.
Open qlandkarte M on the N900.
Choose 'menu', and browse to the 'map'menu.
Hit the button "rebuild map database".

Now the map should become visible in the database list.
In my case, however, nothing happened.

I didn't know you were supposed to put an extra .qmap file on the n900 with the help of qlandkarte gt. Will try this out tonight.

Is your MyMaps in the right location? It is supposed to be in MyDocs, but qlandkarte made the folder in the root directory, not the mydocs.

Hi,

Sorry for late answer, but i was not able to login there

So To get M working on N900, you have to copy a valid geotiff file to MyDocs/MyMaps directory. Only the tif file.

The setup is here http://qlandkarte.org/index.php?opti...d=13&Itemid=14

Once you press the rebuild database button, the maps should appear on the list below, if it is not the case, it mean the tif have wrong format. to make some test you can get here a OSM world map exported to geotiff -> http://linuxbox2.free.fr/Bugtest/basemap_wgs84_x.tif

To export correct tiff with GT, please look at the picture here http://linuxbox2.free.fr/Bugtest/qlandkarte.JPG

Regards,

Fabrice

Originally Posted by BabelO View Post
Hi,

Sorry for late answer, but i was not able to login there

So To get M working on N900, you have to copy a valid geotiff file to MyDocs/MyMaps directory. Only the tif file.

The setup is here http://qlandkarte.org/index.php?opti...d=13&Itemid=14

Once you press the rebuild database button, the maps should appear on the list below, if it is not the case, it mean the tif have wrong format. to make some test you can get here a OSM world map exported to geotiff -> http://linuxbox2.free.fr/Bugtest/basemap_wgs84_x.tif

To export correct tiff with GT, please look at the picture here http://linuxbox2.free.fr/Bugtest/qlandkarte.JPG

Regards,

Fabrice
Fabrice,

Thanks for your reply. I put the test .tif file you mention above with the link in the MyMaps directory, started up QlandkarteM, did the map database rebuild, which did not work.

I had to put MyMaps in the root directory, and only then de map database rebuild made the .tiff show up. However this map does not show up in the basic 'map'-screen of QlandkarteM, either with or without having a gps-fix. I keep seeing the yellow empty background, nothing of a map.

Did I forget to do something extra in order to get the map to work in QlandkarteM ?

Hi,

I did a new test from scratch, creating a MyMaps directory under /home/user/MyDocs.

Adding the basemap file , pressing rebuild database from this step the basemap appear, then go back to map, and then unzoom to zoom 22.

I forgot to mention this part, each map appear at a zoom level, depend of the area covered

Fabrice

Hi,

I did a new test from scratch, creating a MyMaps directory under /home/user/MyDocs.

Adding the basemap file , pressing rebuild database from this step the basemap appear, then go back to map, and then unzoom to zoom 22.

I forgot to mention this part, each map appear at a zoom level, depend of the area covered

Fabrice
Fabrice,

That's it ! I had to put the map to zoomlevel 23 before I could see it. So it works with the basemap you provide, but not with the map I tried to convert from ozi to geotiff with the help of 'global mapper'-application.

On the Qlandkarte-website there is reference to a 'ozi2geotiff' application, but it's not longer downloadable ?

Thanks in advance for your expert advice.

So application works like this, your converted map need to be saved to correct format, check the diff between your tiff and my tiff with gdalinfo command line tool.

With gdal_wrap you can do the convertion, else use QLandkarte GT.

If you can, send me an email with your converted ozi file to tiff, and i will try to give you a step by step from that

So application works like this, your converted map need to be saved to correct format, check the diff between your tiff and my tiff with gdalinfo command line tool.

With gdal_wrap you can do the convertion, else use QLandkarte GT.

If you can, send me an email with your converted ozi file to tiff, and i will try to give you a step by step from that
Fabrice,

I have sent you an email with a converted .tif file for examination on your gmail-adres (don't know if this is your right adress).

Thanks again, for your help.

Thanks, adress is correct, your french is good

Your maps works pretty well once you used GT to convert it to correct gdal format. I send you back all correct tif.

To create your tif, you have to open QLandkarte GT then press F1->F6.

Select create map collection, press the new button to createa new collection and give a name. Once it is ok you have to add your current tif to the collection and select a zoom range you want the map for.

Once it is ok press save.

From that in GT you can naviogate the map. Then use the select subarea tool to export the correct format to M.

Fabrice