Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Ok so I have Skype and Facebook in my conversations accounts . . . . and today an old friend of mine messaged my on Facebook IM

His full name and facebook profile picture showed up in the conversations program just like a text message!

Wow this is awesome . . . . I thought . . . . so I try to save the contact . . . and their is no option????

You can view their facebook contact card but you can't save it???

Am I missing something????

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Im afraid you can't do that straight away, you have to create a contact entry of you friend on the N900 THEN merge him with your facebook contact.

Hope this helps.

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Amir For This Useful Post:
Ok well I think I got it . . . can't do it from the IM but then when I exit out and go into contacts it's their with his facebook IM number and I can add fields like phone numbers and/or merge with existing contacts

Very cool

Thanks

I've just installed the facebook IM protocol from extras-testing. It says that a new contact will be created then i have to merge them. But there's no new contacts appeared and when i go to add the facebook field to a contact, i don't know what to enter in the field! What do i do!?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
You have to set your status as active in the status control panel (the bit where you set your profile and bluetooth on).

In the availability section make sure you are online, available and that your Facebook IM is set up and connects.
Then the contacts will appear in your phonebook

Is there a way for not automatically creating contacts from Facebook chat? If I connect to Facebook, a lot of contacts I don't want appears in Contacts and I have to manually delete them every time.

I've removed Facebook support, I'm going to reinstall it as soon as I'll discover how to do that.

are there any help articles on facebook chat integration

or can someone help me, im trying to figure out what the notification url is and what a few of the options do in the account setup but dont seem to be able to find the help.

also does anyone know how hermes and facebook chat work together?

facebook chat seemed to download in real time the profile pics from facebook, however when i then merged the contacts with contacts already in my phone book that had hermes downloaded profile pics (from a few weeks ago) the profile pics were replaced by the hermes downloaded ones. i would prefer the up to date ones, is there anyway i can ensure this happens?

thanks

Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
Is there a way for not automatically creating contacts from Facebook chat? If I connect to Facebook, a lot of contacts I don't want appears in Contacts and I have to manually delete them every time.

I've removed Facebook support, I'm going to reinstall it as soon as I'll discover how to do that.
Well, when you navigate to select contact from the Phone APP it only displays contacts with numbers attached to them . . .

The Facebook plugin is buggy.
I suggest you wait for an update before using it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
The Facebook plugin is buggy.
I suggest you wait for an update before using it.
I would have to disagree . . . that chat integration is GREAT . . . that contact integration is getting their . . . almost 100% just a few little quirks like Adding every Facebook user who is on chat to your contacts instead of just the people you communicate with and/or add manually. And Adding/editing the contact from inside the actual chat. But all in all it is quite enjoyable. All my facebook friends have face's next to their numbers - VERY f%$#ing cool.