Active Topics

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Hi everyone,

I'm finally ready to buy an N900 in the USA, BUT, I'm wondering if it would be better for me to keep waiting for potential hardware fixes. The main one I'm thinking about is the integrity of the micro-USB port. It seems like an obvious problem that Nokia would fix in the next batch of N900's, correct?

I'm checking NokiaUSA's website right now, and it says they're "Temporarily Out of Stock".

Nokia Site

Is it possible they might even be waiting for the next batch of N900's now?

EDIT:

Here's a 2nd "BUT"

Nokia is selling the N900 for $580 plus $4-10 shipping.
Amazon and Newegg are selling the N900 for $530 with free shipping.
I bought my N78 1.5 years ago from Amazon, and all my computer parts from Newegg, so I don't have any issue with them. BUT I would much rather buy from Nokia directly and cut out the middleman. If I'm interested in giving more of my money to Nokia, would this be an effective way do it, (disregarding the extra $50 wants to charge.) ?? Or is there some business structure in place that to prevent any difference in margins?

Last edited by SAABoy; 2010-02-07 at 20:55.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm finally ready to buy an N900 in the USA, BUT, I'm wondering if it would be better for me to keep waiting for potential hardware fixes. The main one I'm thinking about is the integrity of the micro-USB port. It seems like an obvious problem that Nokia would fix in the next batch of N900's, correct?

I'm checking NokiaUSA's website right now, and it says they're "Temporarily Out of Stock".

Nokia Site

erm, not got a problem with mine .... don't think it affects all? - i've yanked mine from the power quite a few times... still seems fine.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
What is there to fix in USB port? Works ok, maybe not most robust connection but with care should last.

Nokia does not change design for N900 to my understanding.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Just purchase mine a few days ago . . . all is well here!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm finally ready to buy an N900 in the USA, BUT, I'm wondering if it would be better for me to keep waiting for potential hardware fixes. The main one I'm thinking about is the integrity of the micro-USB port. It seems like an obvious problem that Nokia would ........
what do you mean by "integrity of the micro-USB port" ? usb works perfect on my cell for charging/data-transfer/networking.

Hi everyone,

Nokia Site

No.
Go buy it.

Hi everyone,

Nokia Site

Well, I think that the bogus batch is gone now. As I understand, the broken USB problems appeared on early devices, during the development period. My USB port is really sturdy it doesn't even move a little bit. Buy it, it's so so so so so great. Seriously.

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Hi everyone,

Nokia Site

Amazon has it in stock

mine works great

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Connecticut
Mine too. No hardware problems like many have described.