Active Topics

Hi to all,
I'm new, in the forum.
Fiddling with menus I disable some services (hildon themes and HAL - this last is the problem - ) and now, obviously, my tablet can't restart.
Before to do a re-flash, I'm searching and possible solution to avoid the complete loose of the data (I haven't a recent backup, I now that is my blame!).
After this, when I try to boot the tablet, before to complete the blue line in the splash screen, it reboot itself continuously.
Somebody know a way to access to data in "update mode"?
This last is the unique stable mode with the device turned on.
Thank at all.
Ilmanowar.

I removed swap file.
Try removing memory card
if you can't get system back.

Hi Darius2006,
Thank you for your reply.
I tried to remove memory card, but is the same.
I can't remove the swap file in the internal mmc without access (I think), the problem is this: the access..
There are other probable solutions?
Thanks.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
If the tablet could not complete booting itself then most likely something has been corrupted and you can not recover your data in the internal flash. Sorry, you have to re-flash the tablet.

BTW, you should consider cloning the OS to the external card (search the site for howto)

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
A long, long time ago I goofed in a very similar way, moving around the /tmp filesystem, so I ended with an unbootable system.
The way to solve it without reflashing is putting an OS in the external card.
Problem, to clone the OS to the external mmc, you need a running N810.
Solution, download bootable debian, and put it in a 1 GB partition of your external mmc. You'll find the old wiki page with download links here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...p?title=Debian
Once you have the card ready, you can switch to boot from mmc using flasher:
flasher-3.0 --set-root-device mmc
Now you'll be able to mount the flash root partition (/dev/mtdblock4) and fix it.
Permanent fix: clone OS to mmc and boot always from there. When something breaks, boot from flash and fix it. Bonus: you'll have much more space to install software.

Very very good solution, I will try soon. And I will write if it work as it seems.
Thank you!

I tried to make the file-system ext2 with mkfs in a 8GB sd card, I copied the files of the debian distribution in the root of the sd card and after I used by terminal the command:

$ sudo ./flasher-3.0 --set-root-device mmc
flasher v0.8.7 (Oct 17 2006)

Suitable USB device not found, waiting
USB device found found at bus 006, device address 052
Found device RX-44, hardware revision 0805
NOLO version 1.1.16
Version of 'sw-release': RX-44_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_MR0
The device root device is now 'mmc'
The command seem to work fine but is it the same: the tablet seem to boot from flash and reboot continuously.
What I doing of wrong?
Thanks.
PS: the flasher 3.5 don't have "--set-root-device" option!
So I used the older flasher to do this work.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Check the mmc partitioning, and set the boot flag.
When the tablet doesn't find a bootable partition in mmc, it boots from flash.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Originally Posted by Ilmanowar View Post
After this, when I try to boot the tablet, before to complete the blue line in the splash screen, it reboot itself continuously.
Wait with re-flashing and do next steps:
1. Download flasher-3.0 (http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/d3.php)
2. Turn off your tablet, plug it to your PC, press and HOLD Home button (application-switcher button in the front of n810) and turn tablet on. You should see the USB icon in the top right corner of the screen.
3. If the icon appeared and then disappeared or doesn't appeared at all — do step 2 again.
4. Now start flasher and do next:
Code:
flasher-3.0 --enable-rd-mode --set-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset -R
If you did all steps right — your tablet will reboot in a few sec. Now it has load OS without any problems.

Best regards.
Sorry for my English

Thanks at both.
I sit the boot flag in the mmc and when I turn on the tablet it show the NOKIA splash screen, I see that it turn off the video for an instant and show again the splash screen, but finally go in the boot loop. I don't know why can't boot..
I must set something how the master or the super block?

I tried the last method supplied by Kroll, now the tablet show the splash screen of "debug and recovery", and with the mmc I have the same problem of the boot loop.
Without the mmc it boot (till the sound of Nokia and the splash screen of the 2 hands) but it keep in a blank screen!
In this state the bluetooth is working and I can lock the touch screen (it appears the "lock screen" or "unlock screen" message).
I think that the solution is to succeed to boot from a mmc, because the R&D mode can't help in this case.

I wrong something?
Any suggestion?
Thanks.