Active Topics

I just posted asking a question about whether anyone has Zim Desktop Wiki running on Maemo. That would be my killer app and would convince me to buy an N900.

Really I want to be convinced to overcome my innate miserliness in order to buy a very (to this geek) sexy product. So my question to you is: What is the killer app that you use on your Maemo device, and why?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
microb. Full web.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
We already have a thread about our "wow moments".

-> Just search it.

I have several apps that i use frequently most noteable are the nes, snes, and gba emulators. I also enjoy the ability to open a termal on my phone and run any number of command line applications such as vim, ifconfig, find, grep, etc...

But like texrat stated above, the real killer app pf the n900 is the microb web browser. Full web experience, what you see on you desktop is what you see on your phone.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
I have several apps that i use frequently most noteably are the nes, snes, and gba emulators. I also enjoy the ability to open a termal on my phone and run any number of command line applications such as vim, ifconfig, find, grep, etc...

But like texrat stated above, the real killer app pf the n900 is the microb web browser. Full web experience, what you see on you desktop is what you see on your phone.
that is true.. that's the killer apps of this phone.. i love surfing different websites.. mostly video sites.. love watching/streaming videos from the phone...

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I think the screen is one of the 'killers' for me. The quality of viewing on a device so small is simply magnificent. That's about as sexy as it gets.

MicroB, OpenVPN and SSH client have saved my *** numerous times.

Originally Posted by bijoux View Post
MicroB, OpenVPN and SSH client have saved my *** numerous times.
That. An awesome port of Xchat. Addition of CIFS support, a couple scripts, and I will have a wifi-based music sync that beats the hell out of any solution I've tried to date (now if only the media player didn't suck...)

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by crantok View Post
I just posted asking a question about whether anyone has Zim Desktop Wiki running on Maemo. That would be my killer app and would convince me to buy an N900.

Really I want to be convinced to overcome my innate miserliness in order to buy a very (to this geek) sexy product. So my question to you is: What is the killer app that you use on your Maemo device, and why?
MfE, the best email client in the whole wide world!

Pidgin, hands down