I know that update issue has been discussed before but I still have problem as I can not back up my n900.
When I try to update to maemo 1.2009.44-1.002 I receive a message that I should create a backup first. However pcsuite does not support back up thererfore I'm backing up the device at location N900 not to my laptop.
After backup finishes, I try to continue installing maemo through application installer but ther device asks for backup again...

Anyone knows how I can continue?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by gsxr600 View Post
I know that update issue has been discussed before but I still have problem as I can not back up my n900.
When I try to update to maemo 1.2009.44-1.002 I receive a message that I should create a backup first. However pcsuite does not support back up thererfore I'm backing up the device at location N900 not to my laptop.
After backup finishes, I try to continue installing maemo through application installer but ther device asks for backup again...

Anyone knows how I can continue?
Use the backup program on the N900 to backup your stuff, then transfer that file to your computer.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
already done that..
What is the next step?
Coz when I try to update maemo through application manager I receive "back up" message again...

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by gsxr600 View Post
already done that..
What is the next step?
Coz when I try to update maemo through application manager I receive "back up" message again...
Skip the message to continue updating.. It will keep on asking you, it doesn't automatically detect that you've made a backup of your files.. So disregard the message and just simply continue the installation..

bandora thanks a lot
but
it gets in a loop, when Iclose the back up and go to the application manager it asks me to "create backup" there is no cancel or choice therefore I can not disregard
hereelp

Problem is that an app you have installed might be stopping the update.

I had the same thing. For me it was caused by ioquake3. Open Arena also causes the issue.

Uninstall those apps if you have them and try again.

Also make sure rootfs has AT LEAST 45Mb free

snaps thanks,
I dont have these applications, in fact I've uninstalled all applications !
software updater at my lap top does not work
pc suite also does not work
this is unbeleivable !!!

anyway thanks a lot for your help... I quit...