Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I guess it is good for the consumer to have choices. I pity the manufacturers trying to keep up in this intense competition for the handheld devices. To capture the market and our insatiable thirst for novelty, revolutionary leaps are necessary for companies to make name and waves. We can argue one way or another whether iphone was revolutionary or not, but it certainly changed the way a lot of manufacturers now work, and it became the most recognized name in the world. It forced NOKIA to open the Ovi Store and to begin improving its support for smartphones as welll as enter the field of touchscreen phones/tablets/computers. NOKIA is smart to go with MeeGo, but they are few years behind with a consumer wide product that rivals other touchscreens. In order for NOKIA to regain its name and popularity they need to come up with a revolutionary device. Will MeeGo devices fulfill the criteria of a "revolutionary" handheld? I doubt it. I think that NOKIA prefers to work by adopting what is successful with unique modifications, and use its brand name recognition and distributions in many countries (except US), to push these devices. But I do not expect anything revoutionary from Meego, nor NOKIA. The revolutionary leap will come from a smaller manufacturer, hungry to penetrate the market like Apple did 3 years ago......just not sure who that be yet........

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Thanks for writing.

You've posted this in the N900 sub-forum.
May I ask you the objective of this post?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Thanks for writing.

How is that iphone 3GS you use?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
How is the original post astroturf? And for who's benefit? Tex14 certainly doesn't seem to be promoting any one platform over another, the post seems to be a legitimate stream of consciousness in which several points are raised.

Getting back on topic, for a smaller player to make an iPhone-like splash in the current market, they would have to come up with something truely revolutionary, not just the next gimmick. Otherwise, they'll just be constantly running to catch up.

Originally Posted by DanielMartin View Post
Getting back on topic, for a smaller player to make an iPhone-like splash in the current market, they would have to come up with something truely revolutionary, not just the next gimmick. Otherwise, they'll just be constantly running to catch up.
Just like the browser race, no?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
How is that iphone 3GS you use?
I like it just fine. Why do you keep asking it?

As described on my stat, I'm a pragmatist.

I care about open source (movement, tenets), open standards and open communities. But my life's requirements are unfortunately defined by more than the above mentioned factors.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Tex14:
  • Joined 4 days ago
  • Already started 4 threads
  • appr. 15 posts per day
  • Trolling people on account of their phones...

Dunno if astroturfing was meant as a reply to the OP, but i believe "orangeboxing" would be a suitable term to describe his actions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Thanks for writing.

NOKIA is too big for its own good. Most of the revolutionary leaps have come from small innovators with passion to change things. MeeGo is a marriage of two large corporations, but who will lead it? Who will shape it? How passionate and interested is the leader sitting in a soft leather sofa buttressed by millions and how hungry is he/she to lead the revolution. I just dont see it in NOKIA

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi there guber99. Your writing style betrays you.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: